Ball python Breeders

Beautiful snakes!! Looking at your list, I do have to mention that you should definitely avoid any spider x spider pairings — super spider in offspring is known to be lethal so you’d be better off avoiding any potential issues :relaxed:

3 Likes

That is a good point! Definitely helpful.

1 Like

Welcome to the group. If this was my group to work with I would pair the following for your first go and I would only try two pairing for being a first time breeder for these various reasons: 1. You don’t want to be overwhelmed your first go 2. Two potential breedings give you a good chance of having a clutch to work with to learn from and to decide if this is really something you want to do 3. You want to have a solid plan on what your intentions are before making a pairing, don’t just breed to breed 4. You need to have solid plans on what you are going to do with the offspring. Not everything sells.

The pairings I would choose are-
#1 - OD x Enchi Calico Lesser YB - this combo should really bring out the whites from Calico and any combo of these morphs work well with just about anything down the road.

#2 - I’d be tempted to proving out your Lavenders or pieds

I’d steer you away from utilizing any spider until you establish some experience and a market for selling for yourself. Nothing wrong with Spider, but it does have it’s issues and because of the controversy of the morph it is a tough one to sell if your buyers are aware of the issues related to spider.

These are all my my opinions and this is what I would do myself if I was starting out with these genes available to work with

3 Likes

Oh yes I definitely know that as well as the hgw can’t go together either but thank you very much for the info

1 Like

The last and the pueds are a definite go and at the top of the list…I am definitely interested to see what the od and calico enchi lesser yb gives me…haven’t looked into that one yet…I need to sit down and figure out what I can use and what I can’t use and start getting rid of the things I can’t and put back into projects if that makes any sense…we got a lot of morphs going on and wasn’t thinking about breeding when we first started but now we are so it’s all a little overwhelming for me but I’m definitely doing the research and trying g to learn all I can before hand…

1 Like