Ball Python egg question

I mean this is my first clutch I just needed some help…well here’s the pictures.

1 Like

I’m only 16 so I just wanna make sure I’m doing things correctly

I also wanna say I did candle it and there many veins

It looks like water is dripping on them, have you taped a wet paper towel to the lid?
Something else (more complicated) you could do is cut a sheet of something (aluminum foil, wax paper, etc.) and tape four corners on the lid. Then place a ball bearing or similar in it close to the side (not above an egg), the water will run down it and drip right under the weight.

No but I wiped off the egg. I feel like it’s gonna cause a hazard or something bc the heater would be between the paper towel and the eggs.

I’ll try the paper towels first

1 Like

The 2 in separate black bowl look like there going bad. Are they smelling “off”?
The bottom 5 look like a couple got wet some how. You could try a little foot powder on them.

I figured this was your 1st attempt @ breeding & you may be a bit on the younger side based on the pairing and the questions. I’m not trying to be overly critical or call you out and apologize if you feel I am. These types of things are happening with increased frequency as more people enter the hobby and watch videos wanting to be like the big breeders they see. But these are the types of things that not enough people do proper research on before attempting being a “breeder”.

3 Likes

We are all here to help assist anyone newer to the hobby like yourself. And this is 1 of the better communities for both sides of all discussions w/o attacking. Often times a discussion is taken differently from all who read it and everyone has their own strong opinions. The important thing is they’re shared constructively and not abusive.

Again I wish you the best of luck w this outcome and the rest of your reptile ownership.

3 Likes

The little egg was laid looking like that. The other one just started doing that a few days ago, as for a smell there’s nothing out of the ordinary. I’ve been researching breeding and keeping ball python for two years now and I just wanted to ask more experienced keepers their opinions.

1 Like

The little one is a what some refer to as a boob egg. I’ve had many like that hatch just fine. I still think the other 1 is bad and will eventually need to be tossed, it happens.

It’s good to hear you’ve done research for awhile and are willing to ask questions of more experienced keepers/breeders. Unfortunately alot of information on the internet is put there by anyone, regardless of experience which is a big part of why this particular community is great IMO. Again I wasn’t being specifically critical of you, more responding to your post while including broader concerns. As I said each keeper is welcome to do as they choose w their collection, and everyone will have different emotions and opinions as long as they’re shared respectfully and educationally. I was only sharing mine. I wish you and your animals all the best for healthy success.

Please keep us updated.

Ok I will. I usually go to books a lot of the time. Like Python Regius by Stefan Broghammer or books by Mark O Shea

2 Likes

Good for you, especially for your age. Much better resources than the internet.

1 Like