Ball python hatchling identification help needed!

Pairing was F Pastel Lesser X Banana lesser

Top to bottom my guesses are:
Lesser
Banana Lesser
(het pied from different clutch)
and pastel

I also have three BELs produced from this clutch.

I’m having a hard time differentiating banana lesser from pastel lesser
Thank you for any help!

8 Likes

Wait for them to shed out before trying for IDs. There is actually a significant bit of colour change as pigments stabilize under the higher oxygen concentrations in the real world (versus in the egg)

Tentatively though:

Lesser Pastel
Banana Lesser Pastel
WT
Pastel

12 Likes

Alright thanks for the information!

6 Likes

Agree with Travis, wait for them to shed, but based on these pictures:

Pastel Lesser
Pastel lesser + something that looks like Enchi or OD - this does not look banana to me and the headstamp suggests enchi or something similar (do you have pics of parents?)
Normal
Pastel

I don’t see any bananas personally, but it’s possible that could change after shed.

6 Likes

Agreed that I didn’t see banana in the second one and looks more like a pastel lesser to me.

5 Likes

Mother: Sold as pastel lesser

and father sold as banana lesser though his pattern does look funky

Thank you so much for the help!

5 Likes

Mom looks ID’d correctly but dad is definitely not a banana. He is lesser with possibly something else going on, but at the very least just lesser, no banana

8 Likes

Agree with phantom hatchery, mom looks to be correctly IDed but dad is just single gene lesser, definitely no banana (with maybe something else subtle that would explain the 2nd baby). Hopefully when you post pictures after the babies shed we can figure out why the first two hatchlings look so different from one another. But you definitely don’t/won’t have any bananas.

6 Likes

Pastel lesser
Pastel lesser (maybe Enchi)
Normal
Pastel
Agree with @phantom_hatchery on parents.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone! Good to know he isnt banana, just more yellow than my female lesser

I’ll update with pics once the babies shed

4 Likes

Beautiful babies! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Just for further reference, here are pictures of a Banana Lesser 66% het Clown as a baby and as an adult. I purchased him from Stewart Reptiles and the baby picture is the picture Deborah used in her ad, (not mine). The second pic I took when he was over 1000 grams.

7 Likes

I’ve nothing to add on IDs, but wanted to say welcome to the community, @firesilver and congratulations on your lovely babies!

5 Likes

Thank you so much for that! I can totally see the difference now

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Excited to be here

3 Likes

Father is 100% Enchi Lesser

4 Likes

Freshly shed

Looks like Pastel Enchi Lesser, Pastel Lesser and pastel in that second pic.

I can see now how the dad is totally enchi lesser… I must have been blind earlier

6 Likes

They are looking awfully dandy after their shed! Well done, little guys!

3 Likes