Ball python humidity

@lomaxx UTH is the very best no matter what type of enclosures they live in. Ball pythons do not live in the air to digest their food. They need “belly heat” to digest, hence under tank heat. This I learned from the exotic vet I worked for. Overhead heat just dries out the air.

I use ZooMed under tank heaters. You can always cover the screen and move the large water bowl to the hot side if your BP is having issues when shedding. Soaking is also an option. Eventually you will get it right……

But if you stick to overhead heat imo you will be fighting a losing battle……

1 Like

@lomaxx Also imo, where you live should not matter (unless you’re in Alaska or the North Pole :joy:) regarding what means you use for heating your enclosure. Most people keep their homes hopefully in the upper 60’s or lower to mid 70’s. However you should place the enclosure on an “inside” wall of your home……This is what Jeff Runne advised me when I bought my Boaphile enclosures. All of which came with under tank heat…. Made of PVC plastic btw……

1 Like

@lomaxx One more thing. Ball pythons do not need UVB either so if you using UVB that is also putting out some degree of heat so that makes even more drying of the air. I would get rid of the UVB……