Ball python Identification?

So I got this female a few months ago and she was sold to me as a Disco Fire Pastel…does that work? I just thought the absence of black was strange.

3 Likes

So pretty. I wish she was mine :wink:

1 Like

Yes it works disco and fire are allelic so you have an als. That is what has greatly reduced the black in the snake.

1 Like

Better pics would help. I am doubting that is a disco fire pastel, disco and fire are allelic as @saleengrinch said but they typically produce animals that have a pied look with white patches to them. It more likely that has vanilla over disco and fire but like i said better pics would be of help. Also you happen to ask the breeder the pairing? Guide in asking for Morph Identification Help

1 Like

Excellent point I didn’t even think about that. I agree more likely vanilla fire or vanilla disco. But definitely not disco fire. Also agree I’m willing to bet that animal does have vanilla in it.

1 Like

Well I don’t know her pairing but I’ll put more pics up when I get home.

Could she possibly be a Super Pastel Vanilla fire? I just saw that morph and it looks really similar

I don’t believe she is super pastel. Yellows would be a bit brighter.

Ok here’s more pics

1 Like

I contacted the breeder I got her from and hopefully they can tell me the pairing

1 Like

This definitely isn’t a pastel disco inferno. There’s something else going on. I wouldn’t be surprised if those 3 genes are there, though.

Disco + fire CAN make snakes without white/ringers. It’s very common to have large ringers on them though, creating a pied look.

1 Like

I don’t believe anything else is going on. Pastel vanilla fire is a combo I’ve hatched quite a few of. That’s what it looks like to me there is nothing I see that tells me it’s anything more than that.

1 Like

Hmm well when the breeder answers me that’ll help even more

Why are you so convinced something else is going on? To me it looks like a vanilla scream.

1 Like

Do Pastel Vanilla fires fade a bit as they age? All of the ones on here look darker.

Yes,yes and yes. Vanilla is a lightening gene so it’s going to lighten the older it gets. And all pastel fade some worse than others. Fire is also a lightening gene.

1 Like

Well, I just want to make sure because I’m gonna pair her up this year and I have a few different males to choose from.

I’ve just never seen the pattern reduce like that in just a vanilla scream. My vanilla scream for reference:

I’ve hatched probably 10-15 of them you get variances in patterns like any genetic combo.

1 Like

Oh I definitely trust you over my own judgement. You had asked why they thought something else was going on. That’s why for me