Banana Mojave Pastel Ghost Clutch after first shed - What say you? ID help

Hmm, that’s an interesting angle. Does blade affect color like enchi does with oranges?

Couldn’t tell you but it does reduce pattern in clown. I’ve never worked with blade.

1 Like

Here’s the link to one on WOB

1 Like

Hmm, here’s an old MM post Banana Pastel Blade het clown:
a34c4e0a2f1fe6fa04bc5d5c78c73c71

2 Likes

The dorsal islands and “curly q’s” are starting to make me think arroyo/rio is in there somehow as well.

Some MM Arroyo Pastel pics:

b855be2be465878fd85adaefa145d111

1 Like

The only reason I always think blade in reduced clowns is because some people had no idea they had it at all, and others would literally mock you for mentioning it. It’s just a really nice genetic banded morph but it’s subtle. Things are a lot different than they were even 5-6 years ago. People are a lot nicer :joy:

2 Likes

Nah, it seems to be a pastel het clowns thing. Mine usually have those markings.

2 Likes

Yeah, you have point with those pics. That makes it easier than trying to explain where all of the arroyo could be coming from as well.

So, top row L to R all het clown: Banana, Pastel Banana, Pastel Banana
Bottom same all het clown: Banana Blade, Banana Pastel, Banana pastel blade?

The non bananas above normal het and pastel het?

You for sure don’t have arroyo involved.

2 Likes

We needed an easy one! :grin::grin:

1 Like

Not sure if you’re still looking for comparisons but this is a clutch I hatched last month w your exact questions. Pastave Banana Ghost(M) x Pastel Ghost(F). Got 1 mojave banana, 1 pastave banana and 2 pastaves(pos super), all ghosts of course. I took a couple pics w different lighting to see subtleties a little better. The BEL in the group pic was from another clutch, same sire, I put her in this group pic in error.

5 Likes

@snaxxs Absolutely I appreciate you sharing those pics! I’m finding it harder and harder to see any mojave in my clutch. In theory if there’s any missing mojave, then they’re all missing mojave - with the exception of the split clutch possibility.

The only ones of mine that look similar to yours are the three pastels - top two right and bottom center. Maybe they are super pastels? Most of their alien heads have two ‘eyes’ though.

What do you think? Any mojave in mine?

@saleengrinch Hey Shaun, any luck with any colleagues on this post? Thanks for all of your help!

Yes I think your clown was the sire. Don’t think you have any mojave. So no hypo clutch would be het clown.

2 Likes

@saleengrinch I think that’s where I’m at as well with an outlier co-dom in the mix as well. Leaning toward blade in the clown, but maybe even one more in the banana. Those two on the bottom corners are throwing me. I’m happy with the het clowns. I like that my clown is a proven breeder as well.

Thanks for all of your help on this one.

2 Likes

And thats what matters!

1 Like

Are there clues in the non-banana babies? Can you post pictures of those?

1 Like

Here’s the ‘normal’ non-banana:

And the Pastel non-banana:

2 Likes