Banana mystic?

I bought my male from a local owned small exotic pet store under a label claiming him to be a banana mystic. I do not have enough knowledge under my belt to know if they were correct on this claim or if it were a mix up. Can anyone help educate the ignorant and tell me what this handsome guy is?

6 Likes

Banana mystic looks right to me

5 Likes

Banana mystic or Mojave. Mystic and Mojave are either basically identical or are actually the same gene but different lines. Still not sure on that one myself.

2 Likes

They’re not the same morph! Super mystics and super mojaves look way different.

Here’s my super mystic male with my pastel super mojave female. This pairing will produce at least all mystic mojaves if she goes for me this year — they are also called mystic potions.

5 Likes

This is why it has been confusing for me. Some of the other banana mystic I see online are much darker. I know they can obviously have a wide color spectrum per morph that they can run through but I figured this would be the place to get more insight and education

I am sure the hatchlings will be glorious. I can’t wait to see an update with pics! My pair are still way to young to breed especially considering my female went on a hunger strike for a while. She is a spider 100% het clown.( I learned about the stigma post purchase) I am a newbie to breeding and very excited and willing to learn.

These two are definitely not the same morph. They are on the same locus but definitely different genes. Phantom and mystic may be different lines of the same gene they are way closer to the same than mojave.

2 Likes

What are the traits of a Banana mystic? I have one myself and I’m trying to figure out what makes him mystic. The only thing I can really tell is that he’s more… purple

1 Like

While a banana and a banana mystic look similar, the main difference is that a regular banana will have the more traditional alien heads whereas they look more like keyholes (or circular loops) on a banana mystic (look at the pattern of a normal vs a mystic and you will see the same thing). There are probably also more subtle differences in coloration/flaming/etc but that’s the main one that always clues me into both mystic and mojave morphs

1 Like

This is why I asked! Haha. When my guy was younger he was really lavender. I tried to educate myself and got all mixed up