Batman or Robin

I hatched out a clutch from a Spotnose Clown to a Lesser Leopard het Clown. The results are all pretty cut and dry save one that has me on the fence to what it is. Here are four pics of he same snake from different angles. I’d like to hear from those who have produced Batmans or are very versed in Leopard Clowns or Spotnose Clowns as well. Do you think this is a Batman or one of his counterparts?

4 Likes

I’ve never worked with spotnose so @wreckroomsnakes would be a good one to chime in.
But from the leopard clowns I’ve worked with, that snake has leopard but it’s very busy for just a leo clown. So I would guess that’s a spotnose leo clown. Hopefully some with more experience with spotnose can confirm or deny.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input. That is what has me on the fence. The head seems too reduced for just Spotnose but the pattern seems to busy for just Leopard. It’s a head scratcher for sure.

1 Like

That’s where I’m at. Head is saying leopard but the pattern just doesn’t fit. I’m sure Mary will be able to tell once she sees this thread.

1 Like

After just doing a quick search on what Batman’s look like, I’d say that is just a leopard clown. It has to much pattern even for a Batman it seems. Really beautiful snake either way.

2 Likes

Looks to be leopard clown. I don’t really see batman. NIce looking animal congrats!

4 Likes

Spotnose clown

5 Likes

I am appreciative of your opinion. Here is a pic of the one that I hatched which I feel very comfortable it is just Leopard Clown. The head is much busier, the pattern is way more reduced and the coloration overall is darker. By way of comparison I am also posting the pic of the one I am certain is Batman without Lesser. The one in question seems to fall in between these two.

6 Likes

Here is a pic of the pairing for reference.

5 Likes

Since they’ve all shed, I wanted to post some pics of the whole clutch and a few of the individual clown combos. First pic is the group of het Clowns. The second is the Clown combo group and then the individuals. Pretty happy with the whole clutch.

7 Likes

No input on the genes as I’m still pretty new here…just wanted to say congrats om that clutch! Looks amazing

2 Likes

Very amazing snakes man they just look awesome congrats

2 Likes