BCI Pairing Ideas?

Hey y’all! So I’m planning on giving a solid crack at breeding my boa when he’s of age.

But I have zero clue what I could potentially breed him to…he’s a Super Sunglow Jungle x Kahl Albino.

He has incredible contrast of colors (in my opinion anyway) and I want to see if I can make offspring as good looking as him. But also I’m very curious what a Hypo Motley pairing would create.

What would y’all think would go well?

3 Likes

It definitely depends on how much you are willing to spend. Personally I would breed him to an Anery Aztec het Kahl albino. That way you will be creating 100% het Anerys that some would be hypo some albinos possible jungle or Aztec.

Here’s with the calculator out puts
Click here for Calculator

3 Likes

Like @lumpy mentioned budget plays a big role but khal to khal will produce babies who’s eyes will pop out of the sockets so I would recommend pairing him to a female het khal combo of some sort to minimize the chance of babies having this happen to the babies if you are wanting to produce visual Khal albinos.

2 Likes

Budget isn’t really the biggest concern for me (I personally refuse to spend over $2,000 right now) but I am exploring some of the options

@lumpy I do like that idea of a pairing! Just really hard to find images to get an idea.

@nathan_e I’ve heard some horror stories about that! Are there any other combos I should try and stay away from, or is making sure that the animal is het Kahl going to minimize any risk?

2 Likes

I asked this very question and boa breeders on here told me that het to het or visual to het greatly reduces this happening. A lot of the times the babies from these pairings have no issues at all.

1 Like