Bearded dragon

Hey guys I’m a new bearded dragon parent I was wondering if anybody could help me to identify the morph

3 Likes

Sure! We will need some pics though. We aren’t psychics lol

3 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Looks like a red blue bar to me. I am not really good with them so don’t quote me on that. @baby_yoda i think knows more about beardies then me so she may also be of help

3 Likes

Also I wouldn’t feed pellets as they aren’t good for them :+1:

5 Likes

Ok thanks a lot I’m still learning

4 Likes

No problem! This is what this community is for! Learning and growing!

3 Likes

So someone else just said maybe she is a rainbow tiger that sounds kool I just need to know if I breed her what not to breed with because I’m very interested in what her offspring would look like

3 Likes

@logar i do know tons about beardie care but not much about morphs lol.

@kreze I wouldn’t start thinking about breeding so quickly. It doesn’t seem like you’ve had this beardie for super long and i think you should work on its husbandry a bit before thinking about getting another beardie. Make sure you’re feeding her daily salads with greens that are good for bearded dragons such as mustard, turnip, or collard greens. Also make sure she’s getting adequate insects, such as crickets or dubia roaches, for her age. Pellets are definitely not ideal for beardies. And of course make sure she has a good uvb bulb (arcadia has good ones from my experience, just make sure to replace them every 6 months) that spans at least half of the enclosure, no coil uvb, and make sure she has a good temperature gradient and hot spot. I don’t mean to assume that your husbandry is a little off i just want to be sure it’s good because you’re giving her pellets which aren’t ideal.

2 Likes

I would like to say that Arcadia bulbs can last a year so every 6 months is not necessary

2 Likes

@logar I had an issue with Draco’s bulb where it was still producing light but not uvb, maybe two weeks before the 6 months was up and i was scheduled to change it it started not producing uvb. It caused Draco’s limbs to start swelling and you could tell it hurt him to move because of how slowly he was moving and how much he was limping. Technically you can wait a year but i’d rather have people be safe and just do every 6 months so they don’t have to go through that with their own beardies. I will say i’ve never gone through that again but i still just change every 6 month to be safe.

3 Likes

A very pretty dragon! Congrats on getting her! This is a great place to read up on the latest care info and ask your questions.

3 Likes

Thank u and u know what I got this food from the pet store I brought her so clearly they led me the wrong way but she is smart because she only eat the insects and leave the pellets lol and I’ve been giving her romaine lettuce and cabbage is that ok?

2 Likes

No i do not recommend romaine lettuce or cabbage. Lettuce is mainly water and not much else, i can cause runny poops and just isn’t beneficial for them unless they are dehydrated. Cabbage is probably okay for them maybe once a week or so but probably not daily. Again you can use some of the greens i mentioned or just do a quick google search and use a list of good greens from a reputable website. I’m not sure if you got her from a big box pet store like petco or petsmart but it’s generally not advised to buy animals from those places for many reasons. Do you have everything else i said such as a good uvb bulb that spans at least half the enclosure and a proper heat gradient and hot spot for your little girl? How old is she? She’s very pretty by the way!

3 Likes

Yes she has everything she need and yea I got her from petsmart lol but I just wanted a good bearded dragon never knew or thought to go online or a reptile store but ok I got her collards now and I also use the calcium powder and also I’m not sure of her age I’ve had her for four months she weighs 49 grams now was like 20 when I first got her. And yea I’m not thinking of breeding just yet but I will say I do plan on getting me a 100% red monster i also want me a nice zero wiblit

3 Likes

That all sound good then! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank u so much for your advice that was very helpful

3 Likes

You can also check out Elle’s Reptiles on youtube for her bearded dragon videos, to see what kind of things your Beardie can safely eat and what environment will suit her.

3 Likes