Bearded dragons friends?

Is there anything that can cohabitate with a bearded dragon ??

1 Like

A female bearded dragon.
I don’t keep beardies myself but I have seen Uromastyx kept w them. Though that’s probably not recommended, they just have closer care similarities heat/humidity/substrate etc.

1 Like

Ya thats what i thought…thx

1 Like

I would not really recommend keeping two different species together. Possibly @westridge could give you any ideas of cohabitation possibilities, if there is any.

1 Like

I wasn’t too sure about it but done some reading since and hes better off alone just seems sad to me lol but he is spoiled and gets lots of attention ! Not the greatest pic but here he is going to bed lol

20210105_002221|375x500

1 Like

Bearded Dragons should not be co-habbed with any other lizard. I have seen attempts to do this and on at least one occasion the other lizard was killed by the dragon, even though the two animals had lived together for a long time. I have, however, seen successful co-habitation of dragons with small tortoises such as Russians. In order for this to work, you would need a very large enclosure, including a lot of vertical space for the dragon to climb and be away from the tortoise. Also, this can’t be done until both animals are adults.

3 Likes

I knew about not having two lizards i was actually thinking tortious but im not fond of them … he is in a 90g tall so lots of room but idk just unsure now

1 Like

A 90g is not big enough to house a dragon and tortoise. No tank is. Also, tanks in general, though fine for dragons, are not appropriate for tortoises. You would have to build a large enclosure for them, and do a lot more work to maintain it. Also, it is worth noting, in response to the title of this thread, that two reptiles of different species can never be “friends.” At best, they will tolerate each other. Neither animal will get any benefit from being together, the benefit is solely for the owner. That is something to think about.

3 Likes

I have heard and read many opinions on this now and i wont cohabitate but there are many people who believe with females anyways its just fine … thx for all the info

1 Like