Beginner morph recommendations

Looking for good beginner ball python from a good reliable breeder my bugdet is 100-170 US dollars any help will be appreciated thanks

1 Like

I would look around and see what morphs you like, there are ~19,000 ball pythons for sale on morph market so you should be able to find a lot in your price range. You can click on the options tab on the top left -

and set your price range and any other parameters that you may be looking for

Some of my favorites in that price range are leopard, ghi, calico, and butter

3 Likes

Are you looking for just a pet, or future breeding project?

1 Like

I was looking for a pet and later on when I’m more experienced a breeding project

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check out those morphs

1 Like

For a starter I would go with a simple pastel or yellow belly you mentioned breeding in the future so maybe find one with a het

If you know for sure you want to breed later on, I would invest in a female first. You can get some ok combos with the cash you have available. And if possible getting one with a het for pied, clown or ghost would be a solid investment.
If you’re in no hurray to breed anytime soon, you could go for a male. With your budget you should be able to find a nice male with 2 maybe 3 dominant morphs. You could definitely find a male with a nice het that would fit into your budget.
Females will always be a little more expensive than males.

1 Like

If you have $170 to spend does that include shipping? If so then I recommend using either the Morphmap or the ‘Nearby’ filter to hopefully find a local breeder and cut down costs.

1 Like

As @eaglereptiles mentioned finding a local breeder to cut shipping out of your costs would help a lot for your budget. You could also look at local reptile shows and that would give you an opportunity to negotiate on the price. Many breeders at shows don’t want to come back home with those snakes they offer at shows, so that would give you room to also cut some costs.

1 Like

I think a single gene lesser/butter is probably one of the nicest single gene morphs you can get in that price range. Or a pastel calico is a nice budget priced combo. No sense paying for a non visual het until you know exactly what you like and want to do. Paying for something you can’t look at imo.

3 Likes