Bel with diffrent eye color

Hatched this one out a month ago. At first I thought I hatched out a black eyed Lucy and then when it came out I noticed the second eye was blue. Hasn’t missed a meal and is freshly out of shed. Wanted to share this pretty girl yall.

6 Likes

That’s awesome.

What was that pairing? I have been secretly wondering for quite some time if I got a lesser fire male and paired him to my lesser fire female if it would be possible to hit both supers and get one blue eye and one black eye but idk if that’s along the lines of what yours is or if it’s just an anomaly…

1 Like

Pairing was suppose to be banana to cinnamon lesser but turned the Male banana had Mojave in it as well or so I was told. was a pleasant surprise. Here’s some of its siblings.

6 Likes

That’s a nice clutch! You got some real variety there!
Well I may still have to try it some day. I don’t think it’s the type of thing many people would want to “waste time on,” because once it’s a BEL it’s hard to tell why else could be in there if you’re using extra genes but I can dream…

1 Like

Look at all those babies :heart_eyes: they are all gorgeous!

This happens with leucism sometimes. The nature of the mutation causes a disruption to pigment distribution which can impact melanocyte migration to the developing eye-cup. If I had to throw a guess in I would speculate that the animal will prove out to be Cinny and that you are seeing a synergistic effect of the two mutations

4 Likes