Best ground coverage plants

So, I’n gonna be remodeling my crested gecko’s tank(again) in the coming months, and I want more ground coverage to really give the tank that lush, tropical feel. Any suggestions? I don’t care if they’re rare or hard to find plants, I’m looking for any suggestions.

4 Likes

You could try different types of moss? Not sure which would be the best, but moss definitely covers the ground well.

4 Likes

Pothos is also a good choice as it climbs. I think prayer plants do the same…I’m growing one now so I can report back. :joy:

1 Like

I definitely agree with @becksterlynn! Pathos is definitely the best option! They can grow big and fast and doesn’t care if it takes a beating from the enclosure’s inhabitants. And if you need more, you can always propagate it. It is very easy to do.

2 Likes

Yes! Pothos is the only plant so far my cresties haven’t been able to demolish. :joy:

1 Like

Everyone suggests pothos because it is pretty bombproof. Personally, I hate pothos because it overgrows and becomes a nuisance in every tank/cage I have ever used it in.

My go to plants are English ivy and wandering jew. They take a little longer to settle in but they are just as tolerant of lower light, grow in very well, and do not swarm everything everywhere every time

3 Likes

Would have to agree with the Wandering jew, beautiful ground cover. So is English ivy, I personally lean a bit towards oak leaf creeping fig, which has a similar leaf shape as the English just smaller leaves, alot smaller. Another good one I use is common periwinkle, it will eventually take over but it doesn’t climb like Pothos and does good in shaded areas, also blooms purple flowers, it’s pretty easy to find and again smaller leaves.

1 Like