Bethlehem PA Mentor

Hi, I’m new here and just getting interested in breeding ball pythons. I already have some morphs I’m really interested in, combos I want to try and make, etc lol.

That being said my knowledge and experience is minimal. I feel like there’s a long way for me to go before I can even attempt to breed on my own. I’m wondering if there’s anyone in the Bethlehem/Allentown/Easton area who would be willing to sort of mentor/teach me through their own breeding season. I do work out of state so i may reach out to some more people during those times, but on a regular basis I’d love to have someone nearby my home that could give me hands on experience.

2 Likes

I’m nowhere near PA, but I hope you’re able to find someone! Best of luck!

2 Likes

Editing to say welcome to the community! We would love to see photos of your snakes, enclosures, etc. if you feel comfortable sharing! Everyone here loves photos!

Not sure if you have FB but maybe you coupd join a PA reptile rehoming or breeder group and ask around there if you do use FB. When I used it, I ended up seeing a pretty big breeder posting his snakes for rehoming, and he happens to live in the same tiny little town as me!

1 Like

My snake, a male pastel lesser OD het clown.
And his enclosure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What a beautiful snake! For a second I thought he had some kind of yb/asphalt genes in him. That’s a really nice enclosure also! Thank you for sharing?
Another thought on the mentor search- are there any expos coming up nearby? You might be able to find a vendor there who is in close proximity to you.

Ah yes, I believe he’s also Yb/asphalt. Mom had Yb or asphalt and dad was Yb
Forgot about that part!
I actually got him at an expo, but he’s my first snake and I never really talked to anyone being my first time at one. I’ve loved snakes my entire life, and with a move and Brian Barczyk’s passing recently it pushed me to go ahead and jump in. Although I’m brand new to even having a snake (apart from a class corn snake in school) I love them a lot and I’m also really interested in color genetics and watching different genes interact with eachother.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! The snake looks great and the enclosure is well put together great job!

1 Like