Biological Canvas 2022 Breeding Season Clutch Photos

For sure! Excellent looking clutch! :fire:

1 Like

Sneak preview of the Ultramel x Leopard Enchi Clown clutch after their first shed.
These are the first 5 of 8 to shed.
It’s looking like:
(all double het clown ultramel)
1 Normal
1 Leopard
4 Enchi
2 Leopard Enchi
Heavy on the enchi, I’ll take it! Hoping for lots of girls, ideally both leo enchis, the leopard, and one enchi at the very least will be girls for me to hold back :slightly_smiling_face:. I’ll sex them after they’re feeding. My flash batteries died early, I’ll get more photos after the last 3 go through their shed.

5 Likes

All from the ultramel x leo enchi clown clutch shed out.

Let me know if you guys think I identified anything incorrectly, this is my first leopard enchi clutch. Thanks!

(They’re all obviously het clown/ultramel)

Normal

Enchi 1

Enchi 2

Enchi 3

Enchi 4

Leopard

Leopard Enchi 1

Leopard Enchi 2

And the group:

4 Likes

These Pastel Dreamsicles turned out NICE!

I’ve raised a few pastel dreamsicles and produced a few. These are exceptional! Pastel Dreamsicles are somewhat like lace, dg, or trojan where they start off at a disadvantage but they get better and better with age. The ones from this clutch have exceptional color right away. I love their pattern distribution as well. One is completely loaded in the front half and white in the bottom.

I didn’t get the male that I wanted to father this clutch but it still turned out great! Now to get them feeding and see how many are girls I get to keep…

5 Likes

Pastel Dreamsicle Female in some natural light next to the window after a couple of meals:

8 Likes

Confusion BH Lav 50% Pos. Het Pied
or
Pastel Dreamsicle

x

YB Pied Het Lav

Looks like the confusion got the job done and proved out … or it’s a split clutch.

There’s two clear YB Dreamsicles that may have BH and/or Confusion. Three lavs and two pieds as well. One pied is YB, another is not. They both might be Confusion. I dont think either are BH. In fact I dont think any of the lavs or pieds are BH, maybe the dreams are?

Crazy color for pre-shed! The YB pied that I think is confusion is not pictured because it has not emerged from its egg yet.

6 Likes

Hey @t_h_wyman , think any of these look like they might be confusion to you? I know it’s tough pre-shed and there’s not many past examples to go by.

I think I am going to get a Dreamsicle :wink:. They really are something.

1 Like

Dreamsicles are awesome Riley! They are what swayed me to the dark side of ball pythons (coming from boas).

1 Like

Travis commented on FB that he thinks there’s some confusion in these. Not only is he the genetics master he has a lot of experience with acid/confusion/static so I’m really curious about his opinion.

I snapped some individual photos with flash for you @t_h_wyman . Thanks a bunch for your insight!

Here’s those photos along with my initial impressions of what I think they might be:

1. Confusion? Pied (het lav)

1. YB Confusion? Pied (het lav)

1. I initially thought this one was a lav but I’m leaning towards high pattern dreamsicle. Whether it has BH, Confusion, or YB I’m not sure.

1. YB Confusion? Lav (het pied)

1. YB Confusion? Lav (het pied)

1. Confusion? YB Dreamsicle (smiley face saddle!)

1. Confusion? BH? YB Dreamsicle

3 Likes

Here are my thoughts (caveat that I do not work with Pied so that is going to skew my impressions)

1. Pied YB
  2. Pied Confusion YB
  3. Lav BH Confusion poss YB
  4. Lav Confusion
  5. Lav YB
  6. Dream Confusion poss YB
  7. Dream Confusion BH YB
4 Likes

Thanks a bunch Travis!

Oh my goodness, it is so beautiful @biologicalcanvas

1 Like

Here’s some updated photos of the Pastel Dreamsicle clutch. They turned out exceptional!

Dreamsicle Female:

See how she has that deep orange blushing in her head? The pastel siblings lack that, and their color isn’t as deep right now. They’ll turn that around as they approach 700+ grams.

Pastel Dreamsicle Male - This guy is completely front loaded. I like how his neck fades into pattern.

Another sweet pastel dreamsicle male with more pattern:

6 Likes

That female dream is incredible. Definitely a beautiful baby @biologicalcanvas.

2 Likes

How many dreamcicle holdbacks are you up to now?

1 Like

Thanks guys!

I had one clutch of them last season, ended up with 3, and I held them all back. A pastel, yb pastel, and yb.

This season I’ve just got one pastel dreamsicle holdback. I still think of Jeff Ronne’s “pastel dream” boas whenever I discuss pastel dreamsicles!

I’ve got to start letting more go this season for some income and to invest in a sunset male. I want to get another recessive into the project and with the recent reveal of the first sunset lav it’s a no brainer.

I have a clutch pipping now (see my instagram for some video clips) of more dreams. Also the bh confusion one posted above that hasn’t shed out yet… and i have a dreamsicle female that appears to be ovulating. I didn’t think she was going to go this season. Quite a few additional chances for more holdbacks!

5 Likes

Even though they’re pet rocks :wink: I love how much you love this project.

I can understand why you think of Ronnes Pastel Dreams when mentioning Pastel Dreamsicles.

2 Likes

Thanks Randy!

I’m definitely on team pet rock at this point, lol! I’ll always cherish and remember the boa days, running around all the forums with you, Davey, and Joe.

1 Like

Confusion BlackHead Lav het Pied x YB Pied het Lav

1st to shed out! This one also crawled out a couple days before the rest of the clutch so I’m not surprised it shed before the rest.

This is my first clutch with any lavender albinos that aren’t pied (aka dreamsicles). It’s also my first clutch with confusion and blackhead in the mix. I’m leaning towards this one being a YB lav (het pied). Blackhead would open up much more white space. It seems very colorful to me and I hope its confusion but I’m trying to calm myself down and not jump to conclusions. When the others shed out it will be helpful for ID to compare them.

What do you guys think? Maybe confusion is in this one? Or is it clearly just a YB lav (het pied)?

5 Likes