Black pastel line identification help

Cinnamon black pastel is a patternless snake. So is super cinny and super black pastel. You can make gargoyles which is a als (acts like super) by pairing with hra or Huffman. This darkens the snake and retains a pattern. Think that would be definitely a good safe option.

2 Likes

Ok cool! Right now I have a super cinnamon coral glow and I supposedly have the daughter from him. These are the pictures when I 1st purchase them. He does however have the duckbill you mentioned but she doesn’t. I was told this what they were so this is all new to me

2 Likes

The duck bill isn’t a huge deal in my opinion. The main problem I’ve had personally is them not developing fully in the egg, and dying. And having badly kinked spines when born. Duck bill most of the time don’t affect quality of life. It’s a shame they have these problems Super Black pastel and super cinny are two of my favorites. It’s just not worth it to me. I figured I wouldn’t have these problems and they would hatch for me. In my ignorance I lost a lot of eggs and hatchlings. And culling hatchlings is just a terrible experience that I want to avoid as much as possible. I work a lot with the gargoyle complex and there are a ton of amazing combos you can make without super cinny or super black pastel.

6 Likes

It does’t involve black pastel or cinnamon, but if you’re looking to make a black snake you can’t beat the Abyss (Suma GHI). By far the deepest black ball pythons I’ve ever seen, I can’t wait to see someone cross in pied. And they don’t have any of the issues that super cinnamons and black pastels have

6 Likes

GHI is another morph I want to get into. I missed my opportunity on a male GHI × Phantom was pretty cool :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

That looks like a normal morph to me.

1 Like

Do you have any pictures of the Suma× GHI morph. I was checking the market I didn’t see anything

There are none for sale right now, here is where I first saw them - https://www.facebook.com/theroyalpythons/photos/introducing-the-abyss-aka-ghi-suma-cant-wait-for-these-to-shed-ill-be-sure-to-po/881647791984592/

6 Likes

That snake is AWESOME!!!

2 Likes

Wow that combo is insane! Thanks for posting that, I don’t have social media so I would have never seen that.

2 Likes

No problem! I’ve been obsessed ever since I saw it and am really curious what it looks like as an adult. I may have to try to make some…

5 Likes

Do it!! I support that a thousand times over lol, definitely one of if not the darkest ball I’ve seen.

4 Likes

Damn, that is crazy Hillary!

That was in 2017 aswel, so I would love to see some up to date pictures… Time to go digging.

1 Like

Let me know if you find any!!

2 Likes

So I was browsing the bp’s and I noticed cypress and arroyo has some similar characteristics but the rio looks a bit more like him. I know you guys are leaning more towards normal on this one. He’s been locking up good so it’s just a matter of time now.

2 Likes

@tyspies That is definitely not a Rios. There are only a hand full of breeders that have a Rios. A Rios is a super form of arroyo. The odds of someone unknowingly breeding two arroyos together is not very high. I have both cypress and arroyo in my collection and I fairly confident your snake has neither gene. I’m not trying to be mean just don’t want you to get your hopes up. But I’ve been wrong in the past! Either way best of luck with your pairings! Keep us posted on what they produce look forward to seeing your hatchlings!

4 Likes

You aren’t mean at all bud. My son feels same as you do. We’re excited to see if anything comes of it. We’re mostly looking forward to next seasons prospects, but this year is a practice run. We’re just having fun learning🤔

3 Likes

I decided to breed my male Black Pastel to my BEL. I put it 9n the gene calculator and saw that it makes what’s called a Black Magic I believe. But I see there isn’t any that’s het for albino. Someone I spoke with said that offspring will be possible hets. Can you explain how that works? Because the male is het for albino

2 Likes

If the animal is het albino then the offspring will be possible hets.

This means that 50% of the babies are hets and 50% are not hets.

A animal can only be het or not het, and with hets not showing through visually it is impossible to tell without breeding.

Dr Wyman Explains

5 Likes

Ok cool I appreciate the info!

2 Likes