Blackhead or nah?

So I recently hatched these boys out from hypo Enchi x hypo super pastel blackhead butter. I’m certain that both boys are at least hypo pastel butter Enchi. I can’t figure out which is blackhead and which isn’t. Help?

2 Likes

I believe left is blackhead, not sure about enchi for that one. I think right is pastel hypo butter enchi. Tough call though, shed and some size will help.

1 Like

I’m thinking along the same lines as you except I don’t think the left is missing Enchi. I’ve hatched quite a few hypo pastel butter bh from
This male and they all have a similar look. I hatched one in this clutch but only have a pic of one from year before last.

4 Likes

Hmm I see that … you may be right there. Only thing I have to compare is a blackhead enchi yb who is more reduced and lacks any dorsal striping, but his sibling without enchi had pattern similar to yours, so that was my thinking. That older male is very busy though, I almost wonder if there’s even something else going on

1 Like

That older one is a female. She’s a half sibling to the others. Here is a pic of the dad and also the rest of the clutch. I’m still not sure which is Bh and which isn’t.

2 Likes