Blizzard carmel vs. Blizzard

Ok breeding two burms out comes will be blizzards,blizzard carmels,Blizzard granite carmels and so on. question is how hard will it be to determine the difference in blizzard and a blizzard carmel. Cant find any images. Will i be able to tell the difference?Or will it be total color change And very easy to tell difference from a regular blizzard vs carmel blizzard.

2 Likes

Searched google can not find a pic of carmel blizzard. If anyone has a pic please share

What are the genes of each parent?
I think albino and Caramel are allelic. So depending on what the parents are genetically will possibly change the answer.

I personally don’t work with burms but it looks like a lot of albino/gulf coast caramels are pretty difficult to tell from an albino at hatchling size. If they are that difficult to tell apart without the presence of super hypo, I expect it to be just as difficult in a blizzard. The change in overall colors may be very subtle.

1 Like

Both breeders are pearl granite het. Gulf coast carmel

Both are 50% het gulf coast carmel

Well… If they’re 50% hets, you might not even have a caramel gene in either parent.

But at the very least you will have albino granites and then a mix of them will be hypo or super hypo.
The caramel gene is going to just be pure luck if you hit it.

1 Like

There will be blizzards in there also like 25% mixed just wishful thinking if a carmel would pop out. I feel if a carmel would come out in the blizzard you wouldnt be able to tell but will still have a awsome cluch. THANKS! For the replies.

1 Like

Blizzard is super hypo albino so yes.
Your albino granites that are super hypo are blizzards.

1 Like

I know all the othere old school traits but this carmel morph am just learning about. And with lack of pics on goggle search. Someone else told me even if i would hit the carmel trait in a blizzard that the other traits would overwhelm the carmel and look like a regular blizzard anyhow.

1 Like