Blood Python Hides

I’m looking for a pair of really big hides for my blood python. Where might a fellow aquire such an item?

2 Likes

I make my own hides. I’m assuming that the reptile basics and other premade hides aren’t big enough. My recommendation is to use sterilite storage tubs, paint the outside, and cut a hole out. If you can find them a large flower pot would also work.

3 Likes

Yeah I didn’t even think about a plastic tub. Great idea. Thanks!

3 Likes

Kitty litter tubs would work pretty good, no paint required. I don’t really offer hides as I keep them in a rack, though.

4 Likes

You can also get hollow rocks that are used to cover outlets in your garden like these…

6 Likes

Now that’s a cool idea!!

3 Likes

I never even knew about those. I’m bookmarking this for when I make a naturalistic enclosure for a large snake. Great idea!

4 Likes

Got that anaconda hide! Lol :laughing:

7 Likes

Now that’s funny right there.

2 Likes

Wow that is actually an amazingly amazing idea. I will DEFINITELY be using this in my bioactives from now on :star_struck:

4 Likes

Haha that is pretty awesome. I feel like a rock like that would be more out of place than whatever you would want to hide in your yard… :smile:

More like a communal human hide… lol That is massive.

3 Likes

If your not looking for something that looks nice. I use to use the 24 pop can cardboard cases for my boas. This way you always have a new clean one to use.

3 Likes

Personally I like using big plastic washbins for hides, they look clean and nice.

2 Likes

Finally found an affordable 4x2 enclosure for him. Just gotta wait til income tax time. Then I’ll get him a new, bigger hide.

4 Likes

You may want to build your own.
http://www.mccarthyboas.com/EZ_Prints.html

4 Likes

That’s an amazing idea! I knew those existed, but it never even occurred to me to use them as a snake hide.

I may have to revisit that idea once my girl gets some size.

3 Likes