Blue tongue morphs australia

8 Likes

Welcome! Hope you enjoy being here with us all! Your skinks are beautiful :star_struck:

What morphs are they all? :blush::heart:

2 Likes

My problem is I dont know much about morphs, but have been buying the 100% ones , also buying from different parts of the country to try to gte from different family lines, then breeding them together. there is so many names here, I cant keep up with all the different terms. good if there was a simple book to read to explain it.

Thanks
ray generally here these are called : Hypermalinistic blue tongue; White northern blue tongue and albino blue tongue.

4 Likes

One question I have about blue tongue skinks; Are they parthenogenic??

1 Like

No, you breed them. I am pretty sure that they actually give live birth.

3 Likes

No, they are not, and yes @lumpy they do give live birth. I don’t think I have heard of parthenogenesis in BTS. If they were parthenogenic they wouldn’t be nearly as expensive. What made you think they were?

3 Likes

I don’t know why but this picture makes me think I want a BTS. I know sadly I can’t get a hold of a melanistic but they are cool anyways. I think the reason is that I love solid black reptiles.

2 Likes

Yes I love them as well, next season will be breeding them, but will separate them before then.

2 Likes

I think I just heard somewhere that they were. I think I heard beardies were in some situations too. Anything I ever get around to owning I wanna make sure its not parthenogenic…dont need a future companion randomly cloning itself. Thanks for clarifying @ashleyraeanne. And I knew they were live birth @lumpy neat huh…we have live birthing herps and egg laying mammals in the world.

2 Likes

Where did “normal” biology go? Lol :joy:

1 Like

So jealous! I love blue tongues and their morphs so much, but sadly you can’t really get morphs in the states. If I were in Australia, I would for sure keep some of the lavas, albinos, hypermels and black eyed anerys.

1 Like