Boa constrictor shedding

My boa is in shed, he had his eyes clear about 7 days ago and still hasnt shed. Is this normal?

3 Likes

How old is your boa? What does his cage look like? Does he have something that he can start the shed on? What is your humidity?

2 Likes

His cage is 4Ă—2Ă—2 humidity is sitting at 71

3 Likes

Hes about 5 months old

2 Likes

I would think he will start to shed very soon. My BRB usually has clear eyes for about a week after blue and then he sheds. Has your boa shed for you before or did you just get him? :thinking:

1 Like

That is a rather large enclosure for such a young boa? What kind is he? Just curious. But if it’s eating well then I don’t suppose it matters because eventually it will need a space this large……

1 Like

Hes a motley hex…i had him in a smaller cage but he loves to just roam around so i made that one…he seems to love it, he never misses a meal

2 Likes

He was in this but my red tail baby boa is now

Thanks for your help i appreciate it

1 Like

You can even raise that humidity more. Are you sure that he hasn’t shed and you can’t find it in that large of an enclosure?

2 Likes

Ok that’s great that he is eating! That is a really nice enclosure you built! I wouldn’t worry too much about him shedding at this point. I l would give him a few more days. Unless anyone has any different ideas or thoughts……like maybe upping humidity a bit more?

3 Likes

That’s what we are here for and believe me I am no expert but all of us together, now that’s a different story! Lol! And welcome to the community! This is a wonderful place! :blush:

As an afterthought, if you want you can take a warm damp/semi wet washcloth and let him slither through it in your hands to get things rolling. And has he shed for you before?

Or like @lumpy said, maybe he shed and it’s in the enclosure somewhere.

1 Like

Yea i even deep cleaned it to make sure we didnt miss it

He has right about a week after i got him, thats a good idea im gonna go ahead and try that…and thank you i love MorphMarket !!!

1 Like

Ok but very gently hold him as he slithers just in case he has already shed and you don’t see it. I have heard of snakes eating their own sheds but probably not in this case……

2 Likes

You are welcome and keep us updated! :heart::blush::snake::sunglasses:

1 Like

I did the damp paper towel and let him run threw my hands and it worked he shed…this is a amazing community and thanks to all of you

3 Likes

Yay! Sometimes they (snakes) just need a little help. But I am sure he would have eventually shed on his own. Or at least partially shed anyway. So if you ever run into another problem like this you will have something to fall back on. Unless it’s a retic! Lol! :upside_down_face:

1 Like