Boa Constrictors!

Good deal :clap::ok_hand::+1: Dennis! :blush:

4 Likes

Stoked she got a great new home!

4 Likes

Thank you David.

3 Likes

Found this picture from 1999, lol. It was a guyana with almost a full “jungle” chain. It was pretty wild

8 Likes

Dennis, I am surprised you let Bella go.
Now I have to figure out a different boa I was going to get you.

2 Likes

I vaguely remember that boa. I have ton of boa pictures saved on my home computer. Think i may even have that one too.

2 Likes

I tried to give her away to people that could stay within our circle buddy so we could all produce nice boas but no one had room. I didnt want to let Bella go. I need room for the surinames and just dont have the funds to get 3 more enclosures plus a rack for the litters. Reluctantly I took money that was offered and they are gonna put her to their male sunglow. Trust me, I held on for a year. That old boa picture was one of my guyanas i had, i couldn’t find the adult pictures unfortunately. That was a wild caught that came in a litter of 12

4 Likes

Yeah…it was in the works that if I had space I would take her but I just didn’t have the space over the last year. It was close at points but then life would throw a “nice” surprise.

3 Likes

Sterling!

11 Likes

So beautiful! Can’t wait to possibly have one myself one day!

4 Likes

Lol, I definitely haven’t been thinking about what a scoria sterling would look like… :thinking:
Welp, I know what I’m going to be doing.

5 Likes

I took Lenore to work with me for the first time today. She was an absolute rockstar! Totally chill and relaxed, she was the perfect boa ambassador. And everyone responded really positively to her, nobody freaked out, people were just excited to see and interact with her. And I loved getting to share her with people. It was a great experience all around for all involved. :heart:

I was too busy wrangling Lenore and the participants to take any pictures, but I know a few of my coworkers snapped some photos, so I’ll be sure to share those when I get them.

9 Likes

@jawramik That’s amazing! I always love hearing/seeing people get over their fears and/or accept snakes. I’m jealous you can take them to work. :laughing:

That said, here are some better pics of Abaddon about a week post shed here.

Also took out the Ferrari aneries, they were looking sharp. Especially the male (Tanjiro) :flushed:

Tanjiro in a dark phase

And his sister Nezuko pale and pretty.

I tried to upgrade them to small mice unsuccessfully, so going to keep them on hoppers awhile longer before I try again. Will probably try ~12 gram mice after a few more successful meals, vs jumping straight up to 18-19 grams.

8 Likes

Wow love them! But Tanjiro is amazing!

5 Likes

Also a fresh shed on this girl. :grin:

8 Likes

I absolutely love this boa!

4 Likes

I love the creamy colors :smiling_face:

4 Likes

@ccboas

Love that jungle girl, killer looking eyes on her too.

5 Likes

I work at a day program for adults with developmental disabilities and I teach a naturalist class on Friday mornings, so I brought Lenore to do a sort of informal educational presentation for that class. And then I ended up showing her off to some other staff and participants who wanted to meet her throughout the day. It was so cool how everyone reacted to her. I even had a few coworkers who were decidedly not reptile people who really fell in love with her, which was awesome. One told me, “I always thought it was weird you had snakes as pets, but this snake is so cute and so sweet, I totally get it now.” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Your boas are beautiful! I especially love Abaddon’s eyes.

9 Likes

Emmit is getting really yellow, Rosalie is in shed so not her colorful self. Lol. Looking forward to 2026. Had a funny video of a little hissy boa but apparently 12 seconds is to big a file, lol.

7 Likes