Boa morph id

I need help iding this snake I’m potentially buying its labeled as hypo jungle het moonglow is that correct?
20220628012537.725-ED54F804-0E6E-40D4-A-550x550s

2 Likes

Not ID’d correctly. That would be the most ridiculous jungle ever made. Even Super Hypo Jungles have saddle markings. As far as Het Moonglow you wouldn’t be able to tell with breeding it to a het or visual moonglow. Being incorrectly identified, I wouldn’t be confident in the hets either.

3 Likes

I tend to leaning not jungle but it could be a very mediocre one. Over the years I’ve seen some downright ugly jungles that ended up being proven. It’s a tough morph on its own, not to mention when added to hypo.

2 Likes

I still don’t know morphs or meanings so i cannot be help there. That being said if you are looking to breed id choose a better more identified morph. If its for a pet and you find the snake beautiful then do what your heart/gut tells you. Personally for me I’d look for a better one, but since its you and your tastes its up to you.

100% not a jungle. You’re missing all the markers.

2 Likes

Thank you all very much for the info.
i have decided not to purchase as i was hoping she was jungle

1 Like

@tommccarthy if you dont mind could you help me id this boa?
Paring was Lipstick Line Super Hypo Sunglow X Jungle Het Lipstick Albino.

1 Like

For sunglow jungles, I reach out to @tommccarthy because he is the man when it comes to jungles, imo.

1 Like

Both boas don’t look like a jungle to me. All jungles will have a two tone look to there body color. There is a lateral line that runs down both sides of them. The tops of them will be cleaner looking. There saddles will look like some used a sharpie to outline them. The black is just more intense that normal.

Here are some low expression sunglow jungles for you to look at to see what one should look like.

Three sunglows and three albinoa in this picture.

These are not sunglow jungles.

4 Likes

The middle picture one is a possible jungle in my opinon. Some breeders would sell it as a jungle.

1 Like

Low expression jungles are hard to tell from pictures sometimes. In person jungles just stick out from the other boas.

Plus I am more picky when it comes to saying one of my boas are a low expression jungle. I am sure I sold a few low expression jungles as just a normal sunglow in the past.

Here is a picture of 7 sunglows. The one with the purple dot is a sunglow jungle. The one with the green dot is sunglow possible jungle. All the other ones are just sunglows.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your help @tommccarthy

1 Like

@tommccarthy i have another potential jungle im looking at he is labled as a pastel jungle sunglow these are the only pictures i have from the seller and is $440 a good price on him?

1 Like

Yes his is a pastle jungle sunglow. And the price seems ok. Is he a Kahl or a Sharp strain albino? You will need to know dor breeding. The two strains are not compatible.

2 Likes