Boaphile cages?

I’m getting ready to buy more caging and planned on going with a stack of boaphiles.
I’ve got 1 stack of 421D’s, and wanted to stick with them but www.boaphileplastics.com seems to be gone.
I know he had some work done on his shoulder a little while back, but does anyone know if he plans on bringing caging back?

I loved the drop door design of the boaphiles.

Thanks for any info guys.

5 Likes

I got to know Jeff first as a customer and then repeat customer. He calls me the crazy boa lady from IN! Jeff also guided me through rearing some boa babies from an unexpected litter.

Yes he did have some problems with his shoulder but last I heard he was only going to be down about 6 months. However, it’s been a lot longer than that. I do know he operated on a fairly small scale so it could be he has decided to concentrate on his boa breeding/animals. I texted him a while ago with this very same question but he didn’t respond so I decided not to bother him.

However, I am kind of bummed because he spoiled me (and others) with his “ready to plug in” Boaphiles. I wish him the very best though!

:blush::frog::wink::lizard::snake:

And I heard that Blackbox might be a great alternative! Check it out!

5 Likes

I’ve been watching the site for months (years?), and I’m pretty sure he’s decided to throw in the towel for good. There used to be a message saying he would be back soon, but that disappeared around 2 months ago & the domain is now for sale. I was considering asking on the Boaphile FB page, but last I checked he didn’t allow comments on his posts, and I don’t use FB messenger.

It’s a bummer for sure! I was hoping to pick up some pedestals, but I’ve been looking at Toad Ranch to see if one of their pedestals could be adapted to work using strong velcro strips. I’m pretty sure it would work, but the project is on hold for the moment. I really hope the heat pads under the cages I already have don’t die, as the heating is not via heat tape so I don’t know where I’d find more. :grimacing: Though, to be fair, I’ve only had 1 of them need replacing in the ~12 years I’ve had the cages.

4 Likes

Boamaster is also an excellent enclosure. I recommend AP, or Animal Plastics, if you don’t mind waiting quite a while on their lead times, they’re a great option, once they finally arrive.

5 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys!

Blackbox doesn’t seem to offer a 12 inch 4 FT cage, and I’m short, so that turns me off. lol

I’ll probably look at AP, it seems like everyone who has one loves them.

I just loved the drop down doors on the boaphiles. It made getting animals out so easy. Plus cleaning with no door in the way is nice.

I use RHP’s in the boaphiles, wonder if heat tape will be good enough in the AP caging?
Room gets down to about 70/72 in the winter breeding season.

I’m pretty sure it will be fine, but not sure.

6 Likes

I use heat tape and my ambient temperature is around 80-82. I think it’s good for them especially if you’re stacking the cages.

6 Likes

Do any of these enclosures have to be assembled from these places? I am not too handy with a screwdriver and assembly instructions! lol!

3 Likes

Yes but they’re very simple, screw together assembly.

4 Likes

You know, I feel the need to clarify my statement about being bummed about not being able to buy any more Boaphiles. I suppose it might be a little selfish on my part so I want to express my gratitude to Jeff for how much he helped me with my surprise boa litter earlier this year. He told me exactly what to do every step of the way to get the babies started. We spent a couple of months conversing by phone or text. If it wasn’t for him I don’t know what would have happened to them I even told him to apologize to his wife because I was taking up so much of his time for awhile! I remember commenting on the weird smell as I was removing the babies (that would have made one heck a hilarious video by the way) and Jeff said “that’s new boa baby birth smell!” and I said “Yuck”!

Jeff became a friend during that whole process and I will never forget it! I wish him very best!

:blush::snake::lizard::frog:

6 Likes

I can’t wait to to get to have this experience! My breeding time is coming fast!

3 Likes

Well I say to you “Be my guest”! Seriously I do wish you the very best success! But let me know what you think of the “smell”! Lol​:lizard::frog::snake::blush::wink:

2 Likes

Absolutely! I will let you know! Bet seriously I can’t wait to experience this!

2 Likes

@taylor-s @mblaney @lumpy @wrai

So a little bird told me “be watching The Boaphile” website in January…….

Fingers crossed………. !!

5 Likes

Just letting everyone know I just placed my order for my Boaphiles.
A bit pricey, but not too bad.
Now the hard part. lol

5 Likes

Yay! I’m SO glad Jeff is back! I have scoped out something myself……. I really like the new look of the website! Hope your order ships quickly!!!

:blush::lizard::frog::snake:

2 Likes

This thread was getting pretty far down, so I figured I’d update.

Still no cages. :frowning:
I know it’s baby season, and he’s busy with all that…

but about a month ago he thought they would ship in a week…

Called him again last week, and he said they might ship out that week…
Heres hoping they ship soon. lol

I’ll update once they’ve been shipped.

4 Likes

I know you are anxious but that sounds like Jeff! Lol! But when they finally arrive the wait will be worth it! :pray::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Here is an update.
I have tracking! They haven’t actually shipped out yet, but I should have them next week.
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yay! That’s Boaphile for ya! Great quality enclosures but long wait sometimes…… :upside_down_face::blush:

2 Likes