Bongo gene and it's potential

I definitely agree!

2 Likes

I agree there,
I’ve got alot of plans for what I’m going to try to make in the upcoming years!

Twister is also a gene I really want to get just waiting for the right animal to pop up for sale!
Are you working with that gene at all?

2 Likes

I unfortunately am not. I tried to get a pair shipped over from Germany, then this pandemic came along. And to my knowledge I don’t think many work with it over here in the US, and I definitely haven’t seen any for sale in the states.
I can only find it available from Karsten in Germany. From what I see, it’s a morph that does insane things to the pattern like Bongo, and I always wanted to mix it into my projects.
I work primarily with retics now, but if I can get a pair of Twisters, I’ll jump back into balls and add Bongo to it.

2 Likes

A bongo twister definitely would be incredible I’m sure!
I have been on the fence about getting it as its barely been worked and the “chaos” mojave twister looks really unusual.
The super form is nice too I’d like to see it in with hurricane or trick to see if there is any Alelic interaction there as they are so similar

2 Likes

I thought the same thing.
It’s very possible it could be allelic with those genes, and it may be allelic with Bongo as well. There are similar pattern disruptions those morphs throw. And with the limited knowledge on them, it’s going to take some years before we really know.

Yeah Chaos is one weird combo, especially because I think it almost makes the Mojave pattern almost blow up if that makes sense. Same with the Super Twister Cinnamons, it’s just nuts how it affects the pattern of the morphs that usually affect other patterns.

2 Likes

Going to be interesting to see what happens!
Maybe next year I’ll grab a super twister if any come available I’m not a massive fan of cinnamon unfortunately and that’s all that’s available atm

2 Likes

Quick update on one of the bongos

12 Likes

I’d agree with you on cinnamon, not my favorite morph.
Hopefully I can find some twisters in the US, I doubt I will. Otherwise I might just have to fly to Germany and pick up a pair. I’d love to get a super, but I’d be happy with a pair for sure.

2 Likes

Two bongo females that are vital to my clown projects coming along very nicely

7 Likes

Super Pastel Enchi Bongo Female

6 Likes

Thank you @wreckroomsnakes for forwarding me here! I (as always) am late to the party but my future plans are simple but I am going to try a bongo lesser clown project. I already love the lesser clown and with bongo thrown in I could have a new favorite combo. I haven’t seen any bongo lesser clowns in my google searches but I’m sure it won’t be a worlds first considering ozzy boids produced a OD YB lesser bongo het for clown. But nevertheless I am very excited for that upcoming project. It’s a relatively simple combo but I still want to see some of my favorite genes in one. Maybe add a darkening or pattern gene down the line.

4 Likes

Not me also coming in 100 years late haha

I have a bongo leopard female on the way I will hopefully be putting into ultramel. It may not be a world’s first but I love how it looks, from there I’m hoping to try a few existing bongo combos in Ultramel to see how they look.

It will be a couple years before I complete the quest but looking forward to the experience!

4 Likes

Some of my bongos for the future

1. Pastel leo bongo clown

2. Bongo (possible YB) bet clown

3. Bongo Leo Het Clown (possible YB)

2 Likes