‘Bout time for an Introduction

Hello, I’m not new here but never did an introduction so I figured it was about time. I’m Drew. I’m a born and raised Texan.

I have always had a love for reptiles and finally got a ball python about 7 years ago. Since then my passion has grown and I began preparing to breed in 2020. My first clutched hatched earlier this year!

My “collection” has now grown beyond ball pythons and I have a BCI and a Burmese python. I’m still young (2007) and don’t have years of experience to brag about but someday I will. :grinning:

14 Likes

Wow @slither_shack you really have an awesome collection. Definitely feel free, and share pictures of your whole herp family! I would love to have a burm when I was 14, four years ago! Also don’t say you don’t have experience and knowledge, you have show your knowledge even if you are just starting out. I am extremely happy to have you in our family of herp keepers!

4 Likes

We have another youngin! It’s great you’ve started out younger I think, I was never really allowed reptiles when I was younger, mum wasn’t keen! So I have my ‘mini zoo’ now! :blush:
My daughter is 6 1/2 and animal mad, I do hope by your age that she’s still mad on them!
I mean she’s getting her own pair of Cresties soon when she’s chosen (picking what hatchlings she wants to keep for herself) so I hope she still loves them by then :joy:

Welcome again, you’ve been brill on there and helpful to all the Royal owners :blush:

And yes, cannot get enough of peoples reptiles so share some more :grin:

5 Likes

8 Likes

All those baby noodle snoots :snake::heart:

4 Likes

Well, welcome to the community! Lol

4 Likes

Welcome to the site. Now you have to post some pictures of your boa and burm. I started collecting reptiles, frogs and turtle’s when I was 6 or 8 years old in the river that ran behind my house. Drove my mom nuts every summer with all the stuff I would bring home. Got my first boa when I was 11 years old.

Take care
Tom

6 Likes

Welcome to the community

Your snakes look amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

The boa pic is from a few years ago but he’s in shed so I don’t want to disturb him

7 Likes

That is a hypo burm, right? I love the color!

3 Likes

Yep! The normals are also beautiful but the hypo is just so awesome IMO.

2 Likes

Hypos so get better with age and size!

3 Likes

That first hatchling picture is cute I love banana ball pythons( I don’t know if that a banana it looks like one)

4 Likes

It’s a banana :blush:

2 Likes

Wish I had a collection like yours also 2007

3 Likes

I am most definitely blessed to have all the reptiles I have. It’s also a blessing to have this amazing community to help me learn what I couldn’t through books and Google.

4 Likes

I definitely feel this comment! I am surely blessed because of this community, I truly have found reptile friends.

4 Likes

Welcome to the introduction thread area Drew! Love all the snake pics (so cute :heart_eyes:) and you’re username is :fire:

3 Likes

Welcome :heart: im pretty new to this site and new to snakes as my momma never allowed me to own a snake so i have had every animal that i could get. I mostly keep spiders and scorpions but i do have a cat and 2 snakes though my baby noodle ran away and i have no idea where she is and im very worried.

Oh dear, I hope you find noodle soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like