BP enclosure

Thank you! Yes they can look so innocent! They truly are very endearing!

3 Likes

Very true. Amity likes to get into peoples sleeves and just lay there for a while

4 Likes

Yep. Lots of security and warmth. Sometimes you can actually see//feel them breathing.

3 Likes

I remember one time I was sitting in my living room and Amity was in my sleeve and I was taking a video of her and as I was showing her in my sleeve she yawned and it was the cutest thing ever

3 Likes

Lol! It’s a rare occurrence, for me anyway, to catch one of my guys yawning. But it’s definitely cute!

2 Likes

Yes it is very cute

2 Likes

It was a pleasure to meet Amity and also a pleasure to chat with you!

Again your enclosure looks great! Take care of Amity! Until next time! :blush::snake::wink::sunglasses:

3 Likes

It was a pleasure to meet you and Wrenn as well

2 Likes

It looks cluttered enough, but like others have said I get a smaller sized hide.

2 Likes

Man, I had so much issue keeping humidity high in an open top, spraying multiple times a day, even after taping up with foil tape lol. Then I got a humidifier to keep the humidity up in the winter, made a huge difference - I still prefer tubs (large Sterilite 100+qt ones, at least for grow ups for the first 12-20 months or so) so I can keep the humidity and microclimates as perfect as I can. But I also throw in tons of coco block substrate, cork bark pieces/stacks, water dishes, hides etc. So it’s like a large well kept enclosure tub lol, then I’ll put them in something permanent when they are adults and I know size and personality more firmly.

Your enlocusre looks great other than the glass terrarium humidity thing - but that may also be a non issue for you, outside of a humid hide and a large water dish. I will say with keeping my BPs above 70% RH and misting extra when shedding they never soak, neither do my boas. Just an anecdote, make of it as you will lol.

My first BP a year or two ago was a rescue “normal” (has YB or Enchi or something but meh) who was hard up and the tubs helped me bring her back to great health and growth, doing great now. So I employ them often, but try to give each snake regardless of species opportunity to explore -. Then you can add more of what they like, weather climbs, tight hide spots like cork bark or logs, maybe Mopani or drift wood or even rock like slate or something, or basking spots etc.

Good luck on the new journey! BPs are sweet, easy to handle and care for, outside of some minor issues and some being a little “boring” to some people. Boas, including dwarf boas, help me balance that out. Or the BPd balance the boas, having more personality and activity and interaction, but also needing more care when handling and setting up height etc. Lol.

2 Likes