BP enclosure

Hi I am a new ball python owner I have a normal baby BP and I was wondering if I needed to put more clutter in my BP’s enclosure I have a branch that she uses as a basking spot and I have a humid hide and two hides on the cool side and the warm side of her enclosure and I have a water dish for her to soak in. Her enclosure is 36L x 18W x 24H right now I think it is and good size enclosure for her but I just need to know if I should add more clutter or less clutter.

8 Likes

That is totally up to you! Make it how you want it to look. You could do paper towel in a rack, or a enclosure like yours. Just remember the basics, right temp(both ambient and hot side) security for the snake to feel comfortable enough to eat regularly. If the snake isn’t eating it may feel too out in the open. Looks like enough hides and cover to me.

6 Likes

Is she eating for you? If she is I would not change anything……. I am sure others will jump in with advice! :heart::blush:

6 Likes

Looks good to me, the only thing I would reccomend is to downsize that black hide on the right to something tight fitting. They like hides they have to cram themselves into and feel secure and that hide looks to be adult ball python sized

7 Likes

Yes she is eating for me she actually ate a little bit ago

6 Likes

Yes as @chesterhf said, the hide on the right is quite large for a baby BP. I have hides just like that but in the small size and my babies love them. But as @banereptiles says, it’s up to you. Nice set up though! What is your baby’s name? :snake::heart::blush:

4 Likes

That’s the most important thing. They are very hardy and adaptable as long as they get the basic needs met, which I think you have there. (Assuming the glass tank is keeping enough humidity and heat in there. Sometimes it can be challenging with those terrariums.)

If you like the shape the larger hide is giving you, you could also put a more tight fitting one further inside that she can wedge herself into. Blocking the glass on a few sides can help if you notice her showing signs of anxiety when she’s in the open. Same with more overhead cover.

5 Likes

Her name is Amity I got her the day she had just turned 5 months old and last week I got her enclosure finished when I got her she had all the necessities but I wanted to spruce up her enclosure so I added a few more things today she turned a year old but she is still fairly small

5 Likes

Ok thank you

2 Likes

Oh ok. I was thinking she was an itty bitty baby! You are definitely doing right by her and that’s what counts! Remember, we love pictures! :blush::sunglasses:

3 Likes

And Amity is a great name!!!:heart:

3 Likes

These are a few pictures of her

6 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Oh wow! She is a really pretty girl and nice sized! Your hide box is probably a good fit for her! She looks quite happy with you! My girl Wrenn was very nippy when I first got her but she has settled down nicely.

Congratulations on Amity and her new enclosure as well! And thank you for sharing the pictures of her! :heart_eyes::snake:

3 Likes

Thank you! Amity was also nippy when I first got her. I got her from a pet store about an hour away from where I live but I didn’t really think much of it because it wasn’t a chain pet store. When I first got her she was already hissing before we had even left the store and she hissed even more in the car ride home but now she’s very sweet.

3 Likes

Do you have any pictures of your girl that you could share?

3 Likes

Well I am fairly certain all of that hissing was just because she was afraid of the unknown. Now she knows you are not a threat to her and of course occasionally you bring her food! Lol!

Wrenn just wanted my face! Lol :joy:

3 Likes

Yes I do!

6 Likes

Most likely​:joy::joy:

1 Like

She’s gorgeous the one thing I absolutely love about BP’s is their puppy faces and their little heads

4 Likes