Bp Idetification Help?

Bought this girl off a pet owner for $60, but they have no clue what she is! I was thinking perhaps lesser/butter?

4 Likes

Pastel lesser at least, and the color shades and headstamp indicate a spider complex gene as well. It doesn’t match spider, champagne, or hidden gene woma, so my best guess would be pastel lesser spotnose or pastel lesser woma. I would lean toward spotnose.

3 Likes

I think it might be a lesser pewter or lesser black pewter. Has a very BlkPastel complex look to the pattern.

3 Likes

It does, but in my experience pewter overshadows everything and this snake has too much pattern to be a pewter or black pewter combo, if you look at comparison’s on MM they lose the vast majority of the pattern. Pastel lesser spotnose, however, creates a cinnamon-esque pattern. @ballornothing

1 Like

And the headstamp is undoubtedly a spider/neuro complex gene.

1 Like

Lesser is so variable I’ve seen it bring color through in pewter combos. What I’m looking at is the merging of the alien heads along the body. I don’t really see the crazy spotnose head pattern either. Spotnose usually fragments the pattern above eye stripes.

Spotnose causes the little horns near the ends of the eye stripes, as well as the fading of the dorsal pattern and the yellow color on the head. Here are a couple of listings that match this phenotype perfectly.

Super Pastel Lesser Spotnose Ball Pythons by Custom Scales - MorphMarket

Pastel Lesser Spotnose Ball Pythons by Madriver Serpents and Rattery - MorphMarket

When I first got into breeding, I decided to learn to ID every single morph so I would never accidentally buy something I didn’t want, as I don’t work with neuro genes. As a result, I can spot it in anything. I am 100% positive this snake has a neuro gene present, and spotnose pastel lesser matches this snake’s phenotype, color, and pattern perfectly. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super exiting if she does have spotnose in there, never wouldve guessed that, hope its not spider since I personally dislike it! thank you both for the guesses!!

It is not spider. Spotnose is in the spider complex which is a many different morphs that are allelic to one another.

2 Likes

Im thinking lesser pewter, pastel lesser, headstamp is looking like a spider but i would expect to see a bit more web-ish patterning. Beautiful snake either way! :blush:

2 Likes

I think there Bamboo in there

1 Like