Brandless Ebay incubator warning

Hello everyone. I would like to share my experience with the ebay incubator for 159.00
I bought one to incubate some ball python eggs after doing a bunch of research on the internet. After seeing Olympus reptiles on youtube using one i pulled the trigger. I turned the incubator on 2 weeks before suspected lay date. Eggs were layed as expected on the date i predicted. I then incubated 6 ball python eggs in it. Worked like a charm. I had it set to 31 deg c. Because there is no Fahrenheit option. The incubator stayed on for 2 weeks after as the babies emerged from the eggs and were ready to go into the rack. I then turned the incubator off and it sat till the very next season. I turned the incubator on 2 weeks prior to lay date again. Popped the eggs in and within 2 weeks the incubator set at 31 deg c started to beep with a zero (0) displayed in the section the 31 used to be. It malfunctioned after one use. Beware this incubator has no brand so there is nobody to complain to if its purchased. Especially if you buy it off of ebay a year prior to the malfunction. I very well may have bought a defective product but definitely worth giving this one some thought.
Do not be fooled by the brand located in the image. They come unmarked. Without brand. There are several of these incubators on ebay displaying different brandnames, im not sure if they are a knockoff or something

Edit. Also worth mentioning. The temps are not stable. They fluctuate 85 plus or minus 5.

2 Likes

Thats very disappointing! Only worked 1 season for you.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I guess with that price the manufacturer probably skimped on the most expensive and important part, the thermostat! I know my herpstat cost more then this whole incubator! Sorry for you, good warning to everyone else though! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes