Breeding. BIG Suriname male to adult female

Okay guys new here, I have done research for days and I can not find any one with previous documented experience.
Bcc suriname
I have a male, almost 9 years old. Hes a beast of an animal. My female is 5 years old. He is twice her size. Maybe more.
I see people putting 4 foot males with 8 foot females all the time via instagram. Im unsure if its such a thing that he can be too big. I will try to attach photos.
My second quiesion that i would really appreciate someone shead some light on.
These suriname that I have. Are visually different. One has black peaks the others are brown.
I recieved these from my father a few years ago and ive just raised them. The past year ive become much more engauged with all 6 and they are of breeding age so I want to pair them.
On top of not knowing if he is to large. Bc they “look” different are they different localities?

Thanks guys

4 Likes

I would wait until that female got a bit larger personally. Surinames can vary quite a bit in color. No real way to say if one is suriname, Guyana, pokigron unless you know the source of collection but they are both BCC

2 Likes

Yeah, just look at those tails.

2 Likes

Yes both look like Suriname to me. However your female is to small to breed right now. BCC take longer to grow than BCI. I would not breed her until 8 or 9 years old, 7 to 8 feet and 30+ LBS.
I’d you do breed her now she will more than likely die.

1 Like

Ment if you breed her.

Are you positive on there sex? Female has a long tail it looks like