Breeding crested geckos

I’ll try and get some additional photos this weekend. Thanks a lot,

2 Likes

Looks like a Harley pin/partial pin from the line. More images of back would tell :blush:

142770-7bcb3be748f5ff062254181565d33228

Here’s a couple I found on my phone. I’ll try to get him fired up good in a couple days.

4 Likes

It looks like a high % pinstripe harlequin. I could change my guess to tri-color depending on the fired-up picture.

3 Likes

I agree, but fired up version will tell for sure

2 Likes

Harlequin partial pinstripe. As said trt get him to fire. Put him
On a cricket tub with a bit of water and wait! Usually works! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

5 Likes

That is a beautiful gecko :grin:

1 Like

Harlequin partial pin :blush:

3 Likes

It is so useful to have a gecko IDer :grin:

3 Likes

RIGHT!!

Many thanks yall.

3 Likes

I agree with @ghoulishcresties part pin harlequin but it also has dal spots.
Looks to have good head structure which is something to look out for when breeding.

He is a handsome gecko :grin:

2 Likes

I don’t see the spots. What I thought looked like one is actually just his colouration.
And yea decent head!

I regret selling my olive Male, his head was massive!… :sob:

1 Like

I noticed a couple of spots on the tail and one on the dorsal, I didn’t look for anymore though.

I regret selling my bi-colour, he had a huge head… But was meant to be a she :pensive:

Sorry to @denton for highjacking your thread!

1 Like

Ah they’re just patterning! :blush:

Ugh always the way! He went to a lovely woman though in a massive viv so I’m happy he’s spoilt and loved.
But damn… Hopefully this big head baby does me proud :joy:

1 Like

OK is there like a “everything you need to know” thread or book or fountain of knowledge about crested gecko breeding?

I mean we have @ghoulishcresties but anything I can read! :laughing:

3 Likes

@foxreptile is making a wonder morph guide wiki here

Here is another wonderful source of information

1 Like

Any update @denton on your Cresties?

@lumpy I was just going to add the link about morphs :sweat_smile:

@ghoulishcresties I can’t tell if it’s patterning of spots as it seems darker than the fired up colour @spottedbull should be able to tell about the spots, if they show black when the Crestie is unfired then it’s Dal spots, if not then no dal spots.

@spottedbull you have a great question, however each crested gecko owner does things differently. For eg @ghoulishcresties puts the females to the males, whereas some others put the males to the females and I have set up a separate enclosure that I will use as a breeding enclosure.

I have watched a fair share of YouTube videos and read lots on behaviour but I guess it’s just something that will come with experience, but if anyone has anything that has this… Someone might have something, but it may not work for everyone

2 Likes

Haha I’m an open book of gecko knowledge so will help with anything needed :blush::sweat_smile:

1 Like