Breeding frustrations

So breeding this year is not going as good as years past. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I realized why, I moved my snakes to a new snake room. I forgot changing an environment could cost you a season, and of course I did this in September right before cooling so… my breeder males are not doing a thing for me but my three newer boys are so I may have a couple clutches.

Anybody else make this change or have this happen in there years?

1 Like

Could it maybe all your females bred last year and there not wanting to breed. Males will breed pretty much no matter what. Some are better breeders than others but never had a change of environment affect a male. Breeders do breeding loans all the time and the males will breed the first week.

1 Like

This is very true, but I stick my new boys in with the same girls and the breeding goes amazingly. It’s the same two boys not doing anything with anyone but all my new breeders are locked in.

Example, past two years my female Super Special and male GHI Mojave Yellowbelly WILL NOT breed successfully but yet I though my new breeder male Ghost Butter and they can’t get enough of each other.

Crazy! That’s love lol

1 Like

Keep in mind most females won’t lay 3 years in a row. Also they probably won’t lay the same time every year. So maybe there schedule is just pushed back?

2 Likes

All true statements! That’s why I’m going to continue as planned because my philosophy is they will tell you what they want and when!

Just looking to see if anyone else has been down this road before and how it ended for them.

I remember the year Kevin moved NERD, we were so busy and he had a slow breeding season but I’ve forgotten everything considering that was 17 years ago lol

1 Like

:100: exactly my philosophy as well.

2 Likes