Breeding Ideas

Hi, I have a female Super Mojave, what type of morph would be the best to produce cool-looking ball phytons? I was thinking about an axanthic but I’m not sure.

Keep in mind axanthic is a recessive trait, so the offspring of this pairing would all be Mojave het axanthic. You wouldn’t see any visual effects in the first generation, and then if you bred the offspring to each other, you’d still get a BEL and wouldn’t be able to see the axanthic.

4 Likes

Lots of options. Everything will be mojave with your girl. You can get a Super Mystic male relatively cheap and make a bunch of Mystic Potions guaranteed. There are other morphs you can mix with. Just be aware of which morphs fall under the BEL category unless that is what you want. Best thing to do is view all the different morphs on MM and use the calculator to view what could hatch out.

2 Likes

I like the way Enchi interacts with Mojave. You may want to look at some examples of that and see if that is of interest or if there are other genes you can add to the mix.

2 Likes

Me personally, I’d go with a hypo chocolate :grimacing: or a mystic potion. So many possibilities though. Check out the Mojave tab here in mm and see what you like and grab the ingredients needed to make that in a male. Good luck! Make sure to do what makes you happy in the end.

3 Likes

What kind of look do you like best? Mojaves are so versatile, and can be used to make snakes that are light, dark, and almost anything in between. I personally love GHI Mojaves, especially the ones that are completely dark with a nice solid stripe down the dorsal. Mojave Axanthics are awesome too, so if you really want to go that route then I would get a male Axanthic of some kind, breed it to the Super Mojave, and then keep one or 2 female Mojaves from that pairing and pair them back to the dad for your best odds. However, it will probably take at least 2 years if you go that route since the baby Mojave het Axanthics need to get big enough to breed.

5 Likes

It’s up to you of course…I hate to push everyone in the same direction but as far as “advice” I’d say if your goal is to sell some of what you produce work with a recessive. Or banana. Lol. People will always buy those :joy:

But whatever you decide make a plan and stick to it. Many people can’t control the urge to just start collecting anything they see that strikes their fancy and it’s really easy to get off course.

And have fun! Gotta love what you do to stay the course!

4 Likes

Breed her to a Super Special and make a whole clutch of Crystals :+1:

4 Likes

I’d go with either a super mystic or mystic potion, or heck, even another super mojave. But I’m a sucker for super mojave and mystic potions. Otherwise my next choice would be either GHI or Ghost and/or Ultramel.

1 Like

Enchi, Red Stipe and Blackhead.
Blackhead Enchi Mojave is a killer combo. And I’m sure adding Red Stripe in there would do wonders.

1 Like

I second that

1 Like