Hi all! I currently have 3 ball pythons (male vanilla or fire het clown, female fire, and female vanilla).
If I wanted to start a breeding project with those three and potentially others, what would y’all recommend just for fun? I’m hoping to prove the male out with my two girls but I’m not sure what else I should look into, there are so many different combinations.
I know breeding projects are entirely subjective based on personal preferences but I would love to hear what everyone else likes with those genes
cream (vanilla fire) and scream (vanilla fire pastel) clowns
I would invest in genes that compliment those, of course only buy what you enjoy and what has demand (based on your three that shouldn’t be a problem). Look around on morphmarket for different combos and morphs. What I personally would do is buy a 0.1 vanilla pied to see if the male is in fact het clown or vanilla. If he’s not, you still produce amazing animals. I would also buy a 0.1 recessive that you like with vanilla and/or fire. After you prove out the male I would buy vanilla or fire (opposite of what he is) and pair with the opposite female (vanilla to fire or fire to vanilla).
To use what you have, if it were me I would breed your male Vanilla or fire het clown to your female fire.
If He is A fire het clown, you will produce super fires. Which are white and can have yellow spots them too.
If you don’t get super fires then you will get vanilla cream babies out of the pairing. I believe I am correct on this pairing. If I am wrong please chime in guys. I am learning too.
Even if both are fire you are not guaranteed to get super fire
Out of 6 eggs, odds are 1, 25% chance, 50% chance being fire or 25% or normal. Fire to Fire breeding.