Breeding Super pastel hypo x Axanthic

My mistake meant to put (Axanthic Het Hypo),

The calculator kept adding it same with on the other calculator I’ll check that out!

Definitely gonna do some more looking around
for another female most likely a Firefly Het Axanthic
plus a male VPI Axanthic I’m picking up,

I’d still love to see what this Super Pastel Hypo can help produce long term with her offsprings offspring
since I know there’s some wonderful possible morph outcomes but figure I get something that’s already Het Axanthic to pair with my male Axanthic,

Really wanna reach my goal of black & white offspring but wouldn’t mind something close,

I also have a beautiful Lemonblast I would possibly also like to pair with my male Axanthic to produce
Lemonblast Het Axanthic & after that I was thinking Lemonblast Axanthic if I decide to do so!

Any suggestions/advice is welcome & appreciated,

Was going with VPI Axanthic or TSK Axanthic as my males here’s some shots of the two I’m picking from,

For sure getting the first one

It’s a VPI Axanthic 66% Het albino

But wondering if I should get the second one,

It’s higher in price but way lighter in colour,

It’s a VPI Axanthic Blade/Super blade 66% Het clown

1 Like

Also keep in mind that desert ghost is not the same as hypo/orange ghost/green ghost/ghost.and even then those may not be compatible across all lines

If one parent is truly a different recessive, and the animal you are getting is visual axanthic you want to find a male that is at least het for both recessives. Or visual hypo or desert ghost het axanthic of the right type

Please make sure to do more research on the recessives. It’s a bit frustrating to wrap your head around, but much less money to loose if you understand what works and what doesn’t

4 Likes

Thank you much appreciated & I’ve been doing a lot more research on ball python/python genetics!

1 Like

Check out firefly axanthic for one of your parents. They appear to have one of the cleanest looking black/white contrasts for the single recessive. I would also looking into the lace gene as it could be a good addition for this combo though I haven’t personally seen it.

1 Like

Definitely possible and more than a worthy and rewarding project.

This is an an adult Pastel True Ghost (TSK x Orange Ghost Lines) so you can imagine a super pastel version.

This female is being used in a triple recessive project and is curently paired to a Hypo Mojave Pied.

6 Likes

Welcome back to the forums!! Been a long time since we’ve seen you here. Another wealth of knowledge :slight_smile:

Great looking snake, by the way!

4 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking or

This is my other mother I’m going to purchase,
If not this female very close! (Firefly or Superfly)

This is gonna be my main father but was considering grabbing two fathers since I want a lighter Axanthic male to see if there’s much of a difference but I was told it shouldn’t make a difference.

Awesome, Really appreciate your comment!!!
That’s a beautiful python got me excited for the journey!

This is the female I’ll be using she still has quite some time till she’s ready but time fly’s & she’s gaining weight fast so shouldn’t be to to long✔️

3 Likes

What is going to make the most difference here is whether the breeder you’re buying from has axanthics that stil look good as adults. Axanthic morphs are notorious for looking great and monochromatic as hatchlings, then browning out and looking pretty “meh” has adults. So before buying any I’d make sure you see pictures of the parents and other axanthics from this line in the breeder’s collection so you don’t end up with disappointing looking adults. Axanthic is one of those morphs that I personally would go top of the line with, or not bother at all

3 Likes