Bug when swiping back

Hi,

So I’m hoping I can explain this properly I’ve noticed this issue for a couple weeks now, at first it wasn’t as frequent, now it happens 99% of the time reliably.

If I am browsing in any category, and I click on a snake, once I swipe back to return to the previous page, I am immediately pushed to the top of the page, as opposed to where I was previously at. Before this issue occurred, my page would be there, with the ad I clicked on right where it was before clicking.

Also - the favorites/liked page seems to be even worse. If I am on any page other than the first and I click on an animal, and once I’m done swipe back, it boots me all the way back to the top of page 1….

Is this the way it’s intended to work, favorites page and normal browsing? Has something changed? It just feels extremely buggy. I browse exclusively on the app, but I’ve checked and it does it on the website as well, in the same manner.

I’m using an iPhone 13 Pro. When using the website, it’s on safari, and the app version is 1.2.11-54

@brittni-admin @akmorphs @eaglereptiles

2 Likes

I’m having this problem as well and I have an IPhone 8

Edit to add: I use the APP

2 Likes

I’m not having this problem anymore! I just tried it!!! :+1::clap:

2 Likes

Seems first page of boa listings works for me now as intended, but the others still do the same as mentioned in the original post.

3 Likes

I’ve had the"back" issue for a month or two in the app (ball pythons listings, using Galaxy Z Fold 3)

3 Likes

So we are moving the homepage over to React, which is a user interface library. Over the next few days we might cause temporary hiccups like these until they are resolved during the ironing-out phase.

Please keep noting any changes you are seeing! :pray:

5 Likes

Just to note, this isn’t a new issue. It’s been effecting me and others judging by the comments for the last 1-2 months at least

5 Likes

Im having the same issue, have been for a while. Its frustrating when looking at listings of boas as I never get put back in the same spot while other times it takes me to a whole different page.

4 Likes

Hey Thomas, just thought I’d check back in on this since you said the next few days. I know it’s been about a week, but just wanted to say it’s still in the same state as it was.

5 Likes

I’ve been having similar issues on the website as well.

5 Likes

Let me come back to this one when I have checked with the team.

5 Likes

Now when I click on an image while looking at boas it wont let me return to the actual site, it takes me completely out of the app. If im on page 5 then hit the back button it closes the app. Hitting my back button used to just bring me back to the top of the page but now its basically unusable

3 Likes

You are using android, correct? I think I remember that correctly anyway. I know they’re aware of some serious issues with the back button and the button on the phone within the app as of today’s update, I believe. I’ll tag @eaglereptiles and @brittni-admin again just to confirm

3 Likes

Same. Android, app version 1.2.12, Samsung Galaxy Fold3

3 Likes

Correct, thank you👍

3 Likes

We are aware of this and we are working on it. Unfortunately app related issues are very tricky to resolve. It may take us sometime. I am very sorry about the issues it’s causing. We are working as quickly as we can to fix it!

3 Likes

We believe that this should be functioning correctly on the site via your mobile browser. If you are having issues with the app, you may want to try using that until we are able to release a fix for this. Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

4 Likes

Just tried in safari, looking at ball pythons. First page scrolled to the bottom, clicked an ad, and it shot me right back to the top.

Unless you mean the issue with the back button for android.

Also seems the issue is still present for the “liked animals” page. If you’re in any page after the first page, and click on a listing and then go back to your list, it takes you to the top of the first page.

2 Likes

The back button issue, I apologize! I was moving too quickly through my list of places I needed to share it to!

3 Likes

Thanks for responding Brittni, just checked today while looking at boas and the back button takes me out of the app completely. Please dont take this as a complaint, I know you guys are working hard👍

4 Likes