Bug with viewing pictures or recent update?

Did we recently have an update where we lost the ability to open, view, and download pictures from the MRC? I’ve always been able to before, now they don’t open up to zoom in, or have an option to download or anything when you select them. Addition: I’m only seeing this on select posts, perhaps it’s the posts themselves?

1 Like

There was recently an added feature for gallery. I’ll tag @eaglereptiles to see if he knows what’s going on.

1 Like

I’m not seeing the same issues :confused:

Can you share some screenshots?

Sure, @eaglereptiles, here’s at least one thread I ran into with pictures you can’t access in the manner I’m used to. I went over to other threads and have the ability to there, so it does still work for me, just not on all posts with pictures.

I also zoomed in, and took screenshots to show that image clarity is degraded, it doesn’t increase image size when you select it nor does the expansion window come up like it does for other photos, and even zoomed in, it won’t allow you to see the picture at original resolution at all.

2 Likes

Hhhmmm… I don’t know :confused:.

@garciademueller did you happen to drag and drop these images into the comment box?

And you can see the icon to expand and open the pictures up on my screenshot there.

2 Likes

I think that’s because they were copied or drag & dropped in rather than added from saved files.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Strange. So if you paste or drag and drop an image, you don’t have the ability to view it the same as regularly uploaded images. It still had to upload prior to posting though.

1 Like

I’ll head over to Meta and see if they have a reason for this… it might make sense for some obscure reason… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thomas I think that was the issue with the collage feature. Because if they were copied and dropped they would not open a webpage.

Must see @eaglereptiles

1 Like

No, I saved them and added them the normal way. I don’t know why it’s doing that.

1 Like

What kind of device are you using?

2 Likes

Weird. The example I did a while ago was a copy and paste into the msg box, then it uploaded like a regular picture would, and gave me a :heavy_check_mark:, but behaves like the pictures @garciademueller uploaded do.

@lumpy, I’m using a fully updated Google Pixel 3.

So here is a copied and pasted picture

IMG_5792.jpeg

Weird, on my phone it doesn’t work at all

1 Like