Bull nose rubbing

Looking good! I agree with @caron about it healing as long as she doesn’t rub anymore! Bull and pine snakes can get quite large, they are a great snakes! Yours is pretty and more importantly, she looks healthy and happy to me!:+1:

2 Likes

She still likes to roam enclosure assume its somewhat normal since they are active snake species hopefully she doesn’t start up again.

I removed the fine mesh screen now so hopefully that helps.

2 Likes

Where was the screen located? Just curious……:thinking:

1 Like

It was on top

2 Likes

@roy200079 Oh ok. I bought a bottle of vitamin E oil today. It was actually in the ladies skin care section at the pharmacy. I will send you a picture of it tomorrow.

1 Like

@roy200079 Hi Roy! Here is a picture of the Vitamin E oil I bought at the drugstore yesterday. It was actually in the facial/skin care aisle.

1 Like

Hello I saw something like that I actually bought the capsules already will that work? Its says for heart health skin health on the bottle.

2 Likes

Oh yes the capsules are great too! I have a black head ball python with some dry spots that I am going to apply the oil to. She had a not perfect shed a few days ago……

I think you will see a big improvement in your animal’s nose! Have a blessed evening Roy! :pray:

1 Like

Hello good to hear vitamin E will help. She’s still roaming a lot but she doesn’t appear to be rubbing she does make tunnels in the aspen but all my bulls in the past did that.

Im working on finishing up her new cage I am building a 6×2 permanent home for her. Hopefully that helps I hope to decorate it the best to keep her feeling secure hopefully will help with the roaming . .

I have no clue how old she is. But considering she is 6+ feet im thinking she’s at least 7 years old. Shes extremely alert so I dont think she’s super old.

2 Likes

Hey @roy200079 Roy! I think the ample amount of aspen in her enclosure is encouraging her to burrow and make those snake tunnels! My hoggie roamed a lot until I added more substrate and more “stuff” to his enclosure like paper towel rolls, hides, fake greenery etc. He quit roaming. I think some snakes just need a lot of clutter to feel secure enough to curl up in one spot or another and spend time there.

If you think she is still roaming too much you can always throw in more clutter to see if she will settle. Hobby stores are great places to find fake greenery and a lot of times there will be sales.

It’s too bad snakes can’t talk so she could tell you how old she is! But I think your guesstimate of 6 years or so sounds reasonable. Just looking at her picture all curled up like that she doesn’t look like she is 6 ft long either! Lol! When you get her new enclosure built she will have a palace to live in!

Keep us updated on her!

1 Like

Hello yeah the broomstick in picture is 5 feet the she was way above by height but was fresh and more than likely they stretch some she’s a solid 6 feet for sure.

I’m working on getting accurate measurement :slight_smile: I’m just a hair under 6 feet lol.

2 Likes

Holy cow Roy what a beautiful shed! I think that one is a keeper maybe? And she looks really good in those pictures! What you are doing for her is amazing! Would that all snakes have owners as kind as you! :blush::+1::star_struck::100:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah im so attached to her she’s my best friend after my wife and kids LOL :laughing: I was shocked when I removed the shed it was close to 7 feet but was real moist from upping the humidity during shed cycle so it must have stretched a lot but im confident she’s just over 6 feet.

2 Likes

Yep! Snakes are great but family comes first! Especially the kids! :+1::clap:

1 Like