Bullsnake or Woma Python?

Both are species I Iove and wish to keep next year, but which should I get? I know one is a colubrid and the other a python, but I have found they are quite similar. They have somewhat similar care, they are both around an average of 5 feet and they have a bit of an attitude. Which would y’all say is better to get first, either because of some sort of care aspect or just personal preference?

3 Likes

That is a tough answer to give, best way to decide is to coin flip and if you are happy with the outcome there ya go, if not you know you are wanting the other more.

With that said I love Bulls. They are interesting animals to keep. I sold mine off last year and regret it.

2 Likes

I keep both, I actually prefer the womas. That being said, womas don’t let go when they tag you, bulls generally do. Also bulls bluff a lot more, out of defensiveness. Womas try to eat you. Still, I like womas more. Go figure?

1 Like

Womas is what I recommend just because I know you love your Australian species. In addition they’re also beautiful.

I would go with bulls, they are great animals, mine, Echo, is one of the sweetest animals I have ever had, I know that it depends on the animal itself, but they are super fun to watch, and Echo has never turned down a meal, as most bulls do.

1 Like

Personally, I’d go with the woma, but that’s purely because I prefer pythons to colubrids. It really just comes down to personal preference.

2 Likes

From my brief research I would go with Womas. They seem very similar in almost every aspect of keeping, just would come down to preference between Colubrid vs. Python.

1 Like