First year breeding these. Like a dart frog that is less temperature sensitive and needs drier conditions (I keep one end moist with plants, one end dry, a small very shallow water dish and cork bark to hide under) Picture here is rain chamber only for breeding…
Awesome!
Breeding amphibians is something I don’t think I’d be good at. I’m gonna have to look up these guys though cause the idea of a hardier dart frog sounds intriguing to me.
Also, it looks like a photo didn’t upload all the way before posting. I still see a parent and some babies though so that’s really neat.
Very cool!
Yes thats exactly what they are, basically a super hardy dart frog. They walk around and eat a lot during the warm months. When it drops below 65F they don’t eat nearly as much and in winter my house is 60-62F although I did stick a heat mat set to a low temperature on the lower back wall so they are a little warmer if they hide under the cork bark peice back there. Fruit flies dusted with repashy calcium plus is mostly what I feed them with repashy Vit A supplement once a month. Ive also seen them eat rice flour beetle larva, the tiniest size of bsfl (hard to seperate these from the media so I dont offer them often), and pinhead crickets. I imagine they would eat terminites too but my gf wont let me bring those in the house.

