Buyer/Seller Reviews- Board Of Inquiry

Hey I was hoping they would add a reviews side. I sold a dragon with an enclosure in person, I was lead on a wild goose chase and a somewhat elaborate scammer got to me. I was hoping there would be areas that could WARN other sellers and/or buyers about stores and individuals that aren’t just on the marketplace alone. Which would allow a video clip and images to show proof.

After being scammed I just want to share my experiences but have nowhere to, as the seller was a person in another app. Name is verified.

1 Like

If there is a concern that the seller is someone in the market side of things here, I would contact the staff with the info. They would look into the possibilities.

That really sucks to hear though and I’m sorry that happened to you!

Sadly, names being verified and such on other apps in my experience have been really hit or miss. When dealing with sales online, I try to make sure I have a second person with me at all times when meeting up for sales or purchases. And it’s also why I won’t do payment through friends and family on PayPal or any other service without buyer protections.
Also there’s always a new scam each month it seems with this month’s being the “your package can’t be sent without this finally info/payment”. Last year the phone codes was another huge scam.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Are you unable to drive due to age? Not to be rude, but this wasn’t the choice of a wrong person to take with, it was a series of serious oversights and dangerous choices that seem based on inexperience. Never, ever meet someone at their home if they haven’t paid in full, or in general. What you did was incredibly reckless, you should always meet in a public place to conduct transactions like this. That said, I have to ask that you remove your post and any identifying info, as it is wholly against the rules here. At this point you need to contact your local police as it is a matter of theft.

MorphMarket allows reviews for transactions conducted through the platform, which is why they suggest any sales/communication take place through the site itself. If you do business outside of MM, there is no way to verify what is going on, what communications happened, etc. It is a feature that could be abused and cause issues. It also could open up the site itself to legal problems.

6 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Alright my apologies. No not due to age, due to disabilities such as being legally blind. Local authorities haven’t been helpful. I just wanted to be able to share my experiences so no one else suffers my misfortune.

2 Likes

Mind you, I realize that it was dumb of me on my part in retrospective. I took the loss, I just wanted to be able to share my story and keep others safe was all.

2 Likes

I actually even try to avoid people picking up at my home as well. There’s been cases of smaller scale breeders or just hobbyists being scoped out and then robbed later on.
I always try to suggest a local animal shop nearby for in person pickups. If they do need to drop by my location (I also don’t drive), they are never inside my home. I will bring the single animal out to them.

2 Likes

Yea I try not to bring anyone to my house regardless of who they are. I mean we have cameras all over, and so do the neighbors but… one can never know. When I got there I was feeling uncomfortable after his attempts to transfer money. But he ran to our car as we drove off. :sob: Is there anywhere in general that allows a BOI?

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that someone took advantage of your disabilities, I would consider pushing the authorities a bit harder and possibly contacting local elected officials. If you didn’t make a police report, I would, and provide them with what you initially posted here. That said, there is a Facebook group that allows you to post about experiences with people like this, which you can find at this link. I will say, while this situation sucks and no one should have to deal with it, it could have gone much worse and I’m glad you and your mother were safe.

2 Likes

I realize I am dumb for it and he made me feel bad for contacting him daily about the owed amount. :sob:

1 Like

Everyone makes unwise mistakes, don’t beat yourself up about it too much, just use it as a learning experience. Sure as heck don’t let that jerk make you feel bad for demanding what you’re rightfully owed! He shouldn’t have gotten an animal if he couldn’t afford to pay. Don’t let up, hopefully he makes things right.

1 Like

His wife is a seller of animals. So at some point she may end up for sale. :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Since this person gave you a bad check and he still has the animal you might try taking him to small claims court @xseed………

Edit to add: to at least get your animal back

4 Likes

Guy started claiming how the animal has health issues now. Like how apparently she has gout. :roll_eyes: She’s seen a vet, no issues. He saw her in person. :man_shrugging: and he now claims he gave me more than enough to cover for it.

3 Likes