Caimans, does anyone have one?

I just got a new Dwarf Caiman today and was wondering how many in the community has one. I am also looking for some advice on how to tame them. I know I need to give him his space for a while and let him get comfortable in his new surroundings. I have had one in the past but it has been 20 years and I have forgotten so much. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Can’t say I know anyone else on here that has a caiman, but I can recommend a YouTube channel to watch. Here is a video that he does about his caiman, but he has other videos about crocodilians. The channel is called Chandler’s wild life.

1 Like

I do, in the literal sense. I named one of my male leopard geckos ‘Caiman’ because I thought he looked like a Caiman when he was a juvie. :joy:image

5 Likes

(Can you guys tell he smacks his food against the door? :see_no_evil: )

1 Like

Death smudges. :joy: So many bugs screamed their last on that door. The most fearsome caiman.

2 Likes

This is Chubbs!

11 Likes

Yes, I have a cuviers dwarf caiman. I don’t post here though. If you wanna chat, I have a thread here: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?265776-Caroline-the-Cuvier-s-Dwarf-Caiman-Progress-Thread

1 Like

How stinkin cute!