Can anyone help me ID this ball python?

I’ve had this snake in my collection for awhile now, but know nothing about the genetics. Anyone have any thoughts?

4 Likes

The sides make me want to say spider.

4 Likes

My first thought when I saw it was spider but I am not positive after looking again.

4 Likes

That’s a very pretty snake, no matter what morph it is! :+1:

4 Likes

It’s a very, very low quality pastel. That’s why the bottoms of the sides are lighter and the rest is brown.

8 Likes

This was my guess as well!

4 Likes

@inspirationexotics is correct it’s a Pastel! The blushing on the back of the head, the light eyes, clean belly and the color. It may not be a low quality pastel though, it could be an older one. Most pastels do brown out with age, and it looks like this, with lighter color on the bottom of the alien heads the tops browning out.

6 Likes

I guess I was wrong again :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s all right Logan! It was a great guess! :clap:

4 Likes

Yes listen to @caron You guessed great, because that’s how a spiders colors are-light coming up from the bottom. Pastels brown out the opposite darkens from top down, but this one’s colors are super similar to spiders. Not a particularly spider pattern, but I have seen some spiders that almost could pass for an irregular patterned normal-which as you know we see here all the time!:rofl:

4 Likes

I was thinking that it looked like some of the wonky spiders I have seen, but now i can’t find the example of one that looked almost the exact same :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

A low expression pastel :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Even with age, there should still be more yellow tones on the upper part of the alien heads and the dorsal - pastels definitely brown out with age but a good quality line of pastel will keep the yellow tint, it just won’t be pure yellow like with babies. Personally, I would consider this a pet-quality animal and not worth breeding. But either way, definitely pastel.

6 Likes

I just wanted to thank you to those who post with detailed explanations of their answers. It really helps someone like me who is trying so hard to learn the characteristics of morphs and how to identify them. I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

I think you’ve got yourself a browned-out pastel. What an adorable animal! :blush: :snake:

1 Like