Can anyone please help me sex my leo

Hi guys can someone please take a look at my leo, he/she (been told its female from shop) was bought from a reptile shop is cb22, any help is much appreciated i named him/her calypso!!

7 Likes

Not an expert with Leo’s, but from what I’m seeing it looks to not have the pores you would expect or a hemipene bulge you see right at the base of the tail area most males show.

I’d agree with female!

5 Likes

I don’t keep leopards but to me it definitely looks like a female. at the age it is at you would see some pores and hemipene bulge start to form

5 Likes

Thank you guys i did think female but some days she looks like she got a bulge and she does have the pores ever so faint but thank you again

5 Likes

Males at that size should have very obvious pores, while females will be barely present. Glad we could help!

4 Likes

Calypso is really pretty, what a great find! Also- welcome to the forum! :heart_eyes: You’ll find all sorts of stuff to learn and chat about on here. :blush: (Also I agree with female.)

edit: Forgot to add that you’re right, females do have sort of an itty-bitty bulge and teeny-weeny pores that make it kinda tough to tell if you don’t have a known male and female around for comparison. It’s definitely not just you, I get confused too! If you scroll down a bit on this post, you can see pics of the vents of a mature male and female for comparison:

4 Likes

Hey there! Welcome to the family and I am so glad you asked this question because I have an adult Leo that I had already determined as a female so from what I understand from this thread I am right! Lol! Calypso is a little cutie! It looks like she is posing! :+1::blush::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you all so much for welcoming me and for heloing me with mg first post, ill be active on here in the future for sure! Thank you again.

4 Likes

Yes please come back soon!!! :sunglasses::blush:

1 Like