Can I get an opinion if this is just a mojave

8 Likes

Very nice Mojave especially with the full stripe! Could be something else going on.

4 Likes

There could possibly be an additional gene, but I couldn’t say what. You could try test-breeding with a normal to see if you can isolate the other gene (if there is one).

5 Likes

Looks to me like a Pastel Mojave. Bright, clean, and full of hooks.

A picture of the eyes will tell you if I’m wrong though.

Here is a Guide in asking for Morph Identification Help

3 Likes

5 Likes

Going off of the blue eyes, I’m likely wrong.

1 Like

Only female ball python I have is a Mojave morph ad I love all the different morphs that can be made from the Mojave morph! Too many to mention here.

2 Likes

I have several mojaves that have a full stripe. They are all either het ghost or het pied.

2 Likes

I have hatched quite a few single gene Mojave’s and lessers that had full stripes. Seems polygenic think striped parents produce striped offspring. Het ghost or pied should not cause a stripe. These are both know to be recessive genes and hets don’t have visual indicators genetically speaking. @eaglereptiles why do you think the eye color would make your identification incorrect? I’ve seen and hatched Mojaves, Mojave combos, with blue eyes.

1 Like

My doubt was on the pastel, as there eyes are usually green.
I personally still think it’s a Pastel Mojave but wouldn’t put my money on it purely because of the eyes.

2 Likes

Mojave for me is the hardest gene of the bel genes to identify combos. But judging by the pictures I would agree with your identification of pastel mojave. :+1: Resembles mojo hgw a little bit but the color is off for me. Either way very clean nice animal. I always love striped ball pythons!!!

3 Likes

Mojaves as a morph tend toward dorsal stripes. I have, and have produced, fully striped Mojaves that are het for nothing and they are fully striped, so the stripe is not necessarily and indicator of anything.

3 Likes

The stripe is not the only thing

1 Like

The white flaming up from the belly is common with a lot of mutations.

I’ve never hatched a single gene mojave that was that extreme, but it’s well within the realm of possibility. They vary a lot as everyone else mentioned. That said, low white calico comes to mind. Not because of the white along the belly, just the way the alien heads are deformed and the color of the sidewalls.

unnamed

4 Likes

Well i don’t know but in that picture looks mojoave hgw pastel.

That’s a pic of a mojave cypress

1 Like