Can i see your bloods/brongersmai/Sumatrans?

Ok ok i was just searching for stp references when i found this absolute gem.

LOOK AT THAT FACE.

He’s like: :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Hahaha! She was actually a somewhat recent addition. I bought her and the breeder gave me Squishy for free as a little bonus gift!

I love the goldeneye morph, it’d be cool to get some tpos 007s from her and Percy!

I’ll have to update my “collection” post on here, hasn’t been updated in a bit… :joy:

7 Likes

That face is hilarious :rofl:

6 Likes

@auriea Your Sumatran looks like s/he’s in good shape. STPs definitely have more of a “peak” with their spine than ball pythons, so your vet really shouldn’t be using that standard to judge STP body condition. They’re just built differently.

7 Likes

After seeing yours I want one now! They are all so amazing! :blush::+1::heart:

6 Likes

It’s so easy to be tempted!! I originally got this cute fella because i wanted a snake that was chonk to the max without being too big. They’re like a pancake. It’s so weird and fun to see them go into pancake mode.
It’s like when you hold them at first they’re a normal snake. Like, it’s all held together. Real normal, still thiccc but like, snake shape. And then they get comfortable and all of a sudden they start deflating. somehow they get even fatter looking and they get low low low low low low low. No apple bottom jeans required.

6 Likes

lol! Now I’m REALLY tempted! Because I LOVE pancakes! :upside_down_face::joy::blush:

3 Likes

12 Likes

Oh my gosh! His lemon colored head!! :lemon:

5 Likes

Looking gorgeous!!

6 Likes

What a big handsome boy! May I ask how much he weighs? I love his yellow coloring, especially his yellow head! :frog::lizard::snake::blush::heart:

6 Likes

Wow! The head, and the whole snake! What a beaut :grinning:

7 Likes

Join the STP club. All the cool kids are doing it. :sunglasses:

Seriously, though, I think they’re vastly underrated snakes. They’re so beautiful, and their body and head structure are so cool and unique. Plus you get the girth of a 20-foot retic with the length of a ball python! :joy: (Okay, technically bloods and Borneos average a little longer than balls, but not by a huge amount.) They’re perfect for people like me who love giant snakes but lack the space (and upper body strength) to actually keep them. Not nearly as many morphs as balls, but the morphs that exist are gorgeous. And the wild-types are so vibrant and colourful. Ever been bummed that ball pythons don’t come in red? Just get a blood python! Can’t find a black axanthic ball that’s dark enough for your tastes? Get a Sumatran!

…I just realized I totally dropped the ball on getting a good dorsal picture of Mina :person_facepalming:. Not sure it’s even necessary anymore, but I’ll pay the picture tax with the most recent pictures I have in my phone.

8 Likes

Or you are sooooo pushing me! By the looks of that tub size I think I have room. And I actually have the same fake plant that’s in the upper left hand corner of your last picture! Your animal is beautiful!!! I will keep you posted if I get one!!! Thank you so much for the pictures and encouragement!!! :+1::heart::blush:

7 Likes

What a pretty snake :grinning: :snake:

5 Likes

Just a quick caveat, those pictures are a couple months old and she’s now on the verge of outgrowing that tub. :joy: I’ll be moving her into a 4’x2’ PVC enclosure as soon as I finish putting it together. They don’t need much height as they’re terrestrial and don’t really climb much, but bloods and Borneos should have a 4x2 footprint as adults, I feel. Sumatrans are a little smaller and could probably be kept in something a bit smaller as adults.

7 Likes

Of course I understand! How old is your girl now? I just wonder how fast they grow with correct feeding……

4 Likes

She hatched in July of 2021, I believe, so she’s about a year and a half. She’s still got some growing to do, but she’s now big enough that she should do fine in an adult-sized enclosure. I’m actually not totally sure how long it takes them to reach, say, breeding age (and of course some that depends on feeding), but I’d guess maybe 3-4 years (someone please correct me if I’m wrong).

6 Likes

Ok. No matter which one I choose (blood or Sumatran) it will be a pet only because I am not a breeder. I have room for another 4 ft enclosure anyway. I just found a gorgeous reasonably priced Sumatran here on MM……. :upside_down_face:. Thank you for your help and advice!

6 Likes

Don’t forget about Borneos, they’re beautiful too! I can’t wait to see what you decide on. :blush:

6 Likes