Can’t figure out the sex of this gecko

I need a little help confirming this geckos sex. I’ve had it for about a year and a half and I got the gecko when it was a baby about 15 grams and was sold as a tsm. I believe that it’s a male, but I’ve tried pairing him but have had no luck and he’s shown no interest. I’m not the best at sexing geckos so maybe someone can help me. So is this gecko a male or female?

1 Like

I see pores but they are very faint. If you have another male you could pair them and watch (extremely carefully, if you need to do something else even for a minute seperate them) what happens. Can you get a picture from the side?

1 Like

Alright, I’ll take a side pic and send it then maybe try pairing him to a another male I have to see what happens.

With pores so faint I’d assume female.

And no no no, don’t pair to another male if you think that’s a male, that’s not going to end well…

2 Likes

Here’s some picture of him from the side.

1 Like

The pores are the main thing throwing me off. I won’t put “him” with another male. I’ll wait and see what else you guys have to say.

There ya go :joy:
Some lovely gecko bums to compare haha.

My fatties are the same, females have slight pores and then grandpa, well he’s obvious!

3 Likes

Lol thank you! I’m definitely leaning towards female then since like you guys said the pores are a lot more faint then on some of my other males. The thing throwing me off was that my other females pores are almost invisible so I wasn’t too sure. But thank you so much! I now have a better grasp on what a real males pores look like.

One of my female fatties pores are very faint and the other more there, But no missing a male!

I assume ‘she’ will be breeding for you? :relaxed:

1 Like

They are funky animals. I’ve definitely gotta learn some more on sexing, but yup I’ll definitely be pairing her up to one of my animals this season.

1 Like

I’d say female. You might already know this but geckos that are TSM still have a small chance of being female.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I wanted to get another opinion. Thank you so much I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

I vote female. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes