Can you Help me with the morphs guys?

Hi guys im basicly a noob at morph identification and need some help with this group

4 Likes

Here is the rest of the group

4 Likes

A very merry welcome to you! What a nice group of little cresties! I love the little frog butt guy! Or gal! :sunglasses:. I have one myself!

Someone will be along to help you with the morphs! :blush:

3 Likes

You have some absolutely insane animals for being a noob! Absolute eye candy :star_struck:

First appears to be a lily white tricolor that is will make an amazing breeder!

I am not even going to try for the second one :sweat_smile:

3rd is a harlequin with dal spots

4th appears to be a phantom with tigering

5 th is a harlequin high % pinstripe pos het EB

@foxreptile @ghoulishcresties do you guy have anything to add/ correct?

4 Likes

Thank you very much it was what i was thinking, both the first and second geckos are the same, morph whise, i was more indecise about the other ones and i was hoping i got a poss cap the “tiger” but its was just a hope, and the first Gecko is Zeus my Pride and Joy :grin:
They are 3 boys and 2 girls, the girls are the harlequin dalmation, and the poss empty back

3 Likes
  1. Lilly White
  2. Lilly White pos empty back
  3. harlequin/flame with snowflaking
  4. phantom with visible white pattern/portholes
  5. full pinstripe looks like maybe whiteout pattern and likely het eb

Some of it you’d have to prove them to know for sure - i highly doubt the 4th is a capp, but again youd have to prove it to know :blush:

If you’re interested you should check out foundation genetics on LMReptiles’ website! There’s also some great groups on FB that are a bit more specific to each trait if you want to know more about something specific like EB or lilly white :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you very much you guys are really helping me out morphs are the one thing i suck at :pray:

4 Likes

No worries! Crested gecko morphs specifically can be difficult to get a hang of cause the understanding of their genetics is so new - the first properly researched guide wasn’t released until 2020 iirc! And they’re polymorphic, so the same traits can show up slightly different depending on trait interactions/lines, and there are traits that can be difficult to tell apart cause they’re so similar. On top of that because the understanding of the genetics is so new, people are still getting used to it versus the “old” ways of looking at them, so you could get two different answers from two different people, and both could be correct they’re just different ways of looking at it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Here ya go @franciscofcf :black_heart:

1- Tricolour lillywhite.
2- Red tricolour lillywhite
3- Tricolour partial pin with dal spots and snowflake trait.
4- nice choco phantom with portholes. (My fav!)
5- tricolour pinstripe.

Xx

4 Likes

@ghoulishcresties 5 seems to be missing one pin

5 Likes

Yeah it had. So high % x

3 Likes

Thank you all guys, its really good to have some help from people that know, Im gonna keep on growing this babys and il be posting them :grin:

2 Likes

That’s great cuz we love pictures! :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome :wave:. These are absolutely stunning.

2 Likes

Very nice looking Geckos, sorry for delay. I’ve not been available.

Does anyone else think the last gecko is looking like a soft scale? Might just be me looking at the pics in darkness though

The newest research on softscale suggests that it is recessive, and what is associated with the softscale-look might actually be something else entirely or at least a combo - the people doing the research have animals that have proven super softscale that don’t have “the look”, as well as animals that look SSS but have proven to not have it. So at this stage I wouldn’t assume anything as (super) softscale unless you have macro-photos to show the extra spacing :thinking: Check out Giuliana’s geckos and Geckoharmony on insta if you wanna read more about it!

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m not on Instagram.

I have 2 soft scales that I bread last year and I’m hoping one of the babies is a super, but I do struggle, so I’m waiting till they get older.

It can be tricky determining with these ones

Edit*
I also have a gecko that is super soft to touch, but not a soft scale so this info is interesting

1 Like

Ahh ok, Giuliana’s geckos also has an article on her webpage, it might help identifying them😊

1 Like

Doesn’t look it when zooming in no x

1 Like